Hen Map

• 4 Replies

Oakdalebirds

Hen Map
« on: October 05, 2010, 17:29 »
Is ther such a thing as a Map of the uk showing where people keep hens ?? not just commercial but as pets such as myself

I did see on the BBC north west or Country file that when Prince Charles came over to see the village of Todmorden that they mentioned a egg map ??

part of me thinks this would be a good idea as new chicken folk like me could email those close to ask questions on where to buy good feed etc and general chit chat but then there is the darkside where you highlight where you live and that you keep poultry so chicken robbers have a clear location

Any views on this ??

bantam novice

Re: Hen Map
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2010, 20:18 »
Sounds like a good idea but would be tricky to set up and maintain, I think.  If it can be managed it would be fascinating to see!
11 bantams (and counting!) 2 dogs 1 cat

orchardlady

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2010, 20:19 »
I would tend to look on the dark side. However as my rough location is on my profile if there was someone on this forum who was local they would be more than welcome to communicate with me about local suppliers, feed merchants etc.

joyfull

• Monarch Engineering Ltd
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2010, 20:36 »
I agree with orchard on this - too many chickens are being stolen so personally I would prefer people not knowing where I live.
Staffies are softer than you think.

Oakdalebirds

« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2010, 21:48 »
well a mixed reply , not bad for a quick question :wacko:

Page created in 0.256 seconds with 40 queries.