Colin crows his last tomorrow

• 10 Replies

Oliveview

« on: April 24, 2008, 20:59 »
Neighbour has told me that Colin is being finished off tomorrow morning :(  He was/is the cock that was with my hens but ended up attacking the new ones and making life very nasty in the hen house.  Within a couple of days of Colin going to the neighbours the hens are all friends and life is much happier for the hens, infact it is hard to tell who is the new hen and who is the older hen! Will miss his cock a doodle dooing though :(
I was asked if I wanted any of the meat-  said no thanks!
Pamela

Aunt Sally

• Administrator
  • Everyone's Aunty
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2008, 21:02 »
Oh... poor Colin  :cry:   Hope he tastes good  :D   :wink:

Vember

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2008, 21:02 »
Ahhh Poor Colin  :cry:

Oliveview

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2008, 21:15 »
Now, had my pc not been so slow with the internet connection (no adsl or broadband) I could have downloaded a photo of Colin-  he is a handsome bird, I know he would have def. won the photo comp :D
Every time we go in the hen end of the garden they all come running (or flying) along to see what we have for them, they peck our feet and stoop for us to mate with them :D
Yesterday I found a massive grub on top of the garden, it was a creamy colour with a black face and legs at the face end. it was as thick as my middle finger and as long as my thumb...... I gave it to the hens, only one noticed it and she picked it up and slowely crept away so the others would not notice :D
I´m getting nine eggs most days and Monday I had 10 so that was all the girls laying.  I have given loads away to the neighbours- I need more neighbours at this rate!!  No good putting a for sale sign up, we live on a track road so no passing traffic!  I don´t mind giving them to the neighbours though, they have been so kind to us since we have lived here.
Pamela

NormandyMary

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2008, 22:17 »
Poor Colin.Monty's on dodgy ground too, he woke me up at 6.30 this morning, but I remembered I had left an upstairs window open so his crowing was louder than usual. Now he can crow properly,he is showing off good and proper! He also set next doors donkey off. Not ideal at that time of day.

Oliveview

« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2008, 20:21 »
Colin is now meat :(  The neighbour said he was really meaty.  We went out so I didn´t hear his squark when he was finished off.
Pamela

blulagoo

• Experienced Member
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2008, 12:44 »
Hi Olliveview - When my chooks finally lay some eggs (they're young) I am going to take them into my childrens school and put them out for donations for the school charity. Don't think this breaks any laws about selling them.

Just an idea if you have school age children and don't particularly want the money.

Russellintheundergrowth

« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2008, 14:14 »
Quote from: "blulagoo"
I am going to take them into my childrens school and put them out for donations for the school charity. Don't think this breaks any laws about selling them.

What laws are these? Don't tell me we're not allowed to sell chickens.

blulagoo

• Experienced Member
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2008, 15:23 »
I hope not but I thought (wrongly?) that I coldn't sell eggs for consumption.

Russellintheundergrowth

« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2008, 22:09 »
Whyever not? The b******s who keep them caged sell eggs. That sounds like a very nasty rumour that might be believed if it got around. I will sell eggs from my pampered poultry to anyone who knows the difference. Go on, offer your eggs around. You'll find that people can't get enough. They very quickly learn the difference. Don't give them away unless it really is for a very good cause.

Oliveview

« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2008, 22:50 »
My ´children´ are all grown up :shock:   I know I´m not old enough to have all grown up childres :D   and there is no young children living near us. We have 4 friends coming to stay this weekend so I am hoarding the eggs to give them to take home with them. I need to make cakes too so that will use a few up.  
Pamela

xx
Colin has gone

Started by Oliveview on The Hen House

0 Replies
Last post March 09, 2008, 13:09
by Oliveview
xx
Colin is going the right way to end up as a stew

11 Replies
Last post March 08, 2008, 22:23
by Oliveview
xx
Midnight and Colin is crowing

10 Replies
Last post March 11, 2008, 08:58
by Oliveview
xx
Colin has lost his last chance

9 Replies
Last post March 14, 2008, 13:18
by Lost in France

Page created in 0.245 seconds with 38 queries.