Bossy tech

• 17 Replies

JayG

• Global Moderator
Re: Bossy tech
« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2020, 16:43 »
For the benefit of anyone else who could fall into the same trap, the feature update is catchily named '20H2', and may or may not be waiting for you in Windows Update (it's a phased release.)

I think the Edge browser may have failed to survive the update because I wasn't running the latest version, which you can only check if you are able to open the browser, which of course I couldn't after installing the feature update!  ::) You might think the update installer would check this apparently critical requirement wouldn't you?  :unsure:

Can't guarantee this will avoid the problem, because having spent all day messing around with repair utilities and eventually restoring to a restore point, I'm in no hurry to take the plunge again!

I wasn't in a hurry, but Windoze was - the feature update installed itself  ::), and the Edge browser still works, so, if you want to be able to still use the browser after installing the feature update, make sure you check that Edge is up to date before doing so.  ;)
Sow your seeds, plant your plants. What's the difference? A couple of weeks or more when answering possible queries!

One of the best things about being an orang-utan is the fact that you don't lose your good looks as you get older

al78

« Reply #16 on: November 20, 2020, 12:02 »
We have Alexa in control here and you can’t seem to even switch a light on or off by hand without her getting in a strop.

Is this the simulated wife option?  :lol:

New shoot

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17 on: November 20, 2020, 12:37 »
We have Alexa in control here and you can’t seem to even switch a light on or off by hand without her getting in a strop.

Is this the simulated wife option?  :lol:

Nah - condescending husband mode.  She just does it in a female voice so I don’t make accusations of mansplaining  :tongue2:  :lol:

xx
Replacement tech

Started by Yorkie on Chatting on the Plot

10 Replies
Last post March 02, 2020, 23:36
by grinling
xx
Video tech

Started by John on Chatting on the Plot

3 Replies
Last post June 20, 2021, 18:11
by John

Page created in 0.141 seconds with 39 queries.