Urgent help - Leaking lottie kitchen roof

• 2 Replies

cardoon queen

Urgent help - Leaking lottie kitchen roof
« on: November 30, 2021, 21:29 »
Help..we have a big kitchen and the roof is leaking and someone put thick felt strips butting on to each other to join rather than overlapping  ..we have leaks along about 5'.  We have 2 volunteers and 2 rolls of that thick dark green felt but it's too cold to use....  So as a temp measure we can put some dpm over it till spring and it warms up or could we use roofing coating from toolstation..it has thick fibre in it and dries hard on to felt. Easier to do... I haven't got a clue but am trying to organise for committee!! Is the evergeen roof coating any good just to tide us over winter do you think? Got to sort before sunday..
if in doubt, let it grow ...

rowlandwells

Re: Urgent help - Leaking lottie kitchen roof
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2021, 09:38 »
Hi cardoon you haven't said if its a tile roof or slate but I'm sure if you go on line you will get some good advice how to repair your roof because there are materials out there that roofers use that's probably more easier to use than felt

I know roof repairs are not the best of jobs in the winter but you need to keep that water and snow out   another thing to be aware of  as I said your best take a look on line to get some advise before you buy any roofing materials

hope this helps and god luck with the repairs

Lardman

Re: Urgent help - Leaking lottie kitchen roof
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2021, 11:03 »
I've used Cromapol Acrylic Waterproofing Coating and plasterboard fibre scrim tape in the past to patch splits in a flat felt roof. Needed a couple of coats to thicken the patch up to be effective, and it's not a long term solution but it worked for long enough.

Page created in 0.147 seconds with 38 queries.