its beginning to look like springtime

• 5 Replies

rowlandwells

its beginning to look like springtime
« on: February 03, 2019, 15:53 »
looking round the garden centres the nursery's and DIY shops there  begging to stock up  with gardening products although seeds potatoes and seeds have been around for several weeks more gardening products are finding there way on the shelves from plastic tubs and  troughs to garden ornamental's and so on  some are selling of there old stock of compost's of  at  reduced price's 

I'm  sitting tight to see if there's any offers going well its a bit early yet give it time  :D :D

madcat

Re: its beginning to look like springtime
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2019, 16:06 »
We are all buying into Hope .. this time of year you have to believe it is all going to warm up, get light and grow.  So we look at the plants and consider the pots and buy the seeds and make the plans ... Hope.   :)
All we need to make us really happy is something to be enthusiastic about (Charles Kingsley)

Goosegirl

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2019, 12:23 »
My garden has been blooming over the last two months or so. The flowering quince was out in November and the hellebores started just after Christmas before the snowdrops came up. Now my crocuses are starting to flower.
I work very hard so don't expect me to think as well.

theothermarg

• me
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2019, 19:39 »
Mine has Hellebores, snowdrops,crocus and daffodils out and even the frogs have spawned.  I have heard it described as a false spring, too much to hope that is not so I suppose
Tell me and I,ll forget,Show me and I might
remember,Involve me and I,ll understand

madcat

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2019, 09:19 »
I've got snowdrops, crocus, primulas and vinca out, the japonica is heavily budded and the hyacinths are showing strongly.  The blue tits are prospecting nesting locations and the birds are generally coming into mating colours.  I really hope they are all not going to get a nasty shock.  Remember the Beast from the East at the end of Feb last year?

RubyRed

• Experienced Member
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2019, 20:27 »
  Saw my first big bumblebee this afternoon. Then a pair of bullfinch and a hoverfly. Brimstone butterflies generally appear in February as well. There is a lovely wild bit i walk where they seem to frequent . Maybe this weekend. They are stunning. Ooh I'm getting excited ( feverishly rubbing my thighs ) haha

Page created in 0.139 seconds with 38 queries.