Ribena recipe

• 37 Replies

norfolkgrog

• thetford weather
Re: Ribena recipe
« Reply #30 on: February 19, 2009, 02:12 »
 ;) Ah Ah I'm suitably inspired, I have got a load of wine making gear up in the loft somewhere, time to get it down its been about 7-8 years since I last used it (not much success), there's about 12 or 15 demijohns that I'm now going to fill, I'm off to look for more recipes, any recommendations?

Could be an interesting summer  :wacko:   
Fermenting                               Drinking
1) white wine kit                       White wine kit
3) Strawberry                            strawberry (tinned)
4) Norfolk wherry                      Coopers real ale

http://allotmentrambles.blogspot.com/

Eatyourgreens

• Experienced Member
« Reply #31 on: February 25, 2009, 08:36 »
Not an expert but I would add a half a cup of very strong Tea to the first recipe in this thread to add some Tannins (As mentioned in later recipes).

Bob

beestie-crawlies

• Experienced Member
« Reply #32 on: March 02, 2009, 14:49 »
My question is, does it taste any good (the Ribena wine I mean) and is it worth all the effort?

If it is I might be joining you all in having a go!  :wacko:

As the Churchill dog says "Oohhhhhhh Yes!" :D

I made a batch before Christmas, there is thread on here somewhere I think! I used Ribena fruit juice, not cordial, along with a litre of grape juice, added sugar can't remember how much now, tspn each of yeast nutrient and citric acid. Used the bog standard yeast from Wilko's, took about a week to ferment out. I do keep it in the airing cupboard though, at about 22 deg c.

Racked it to a fresh DJ, left for a week to clear and was then going to bottle it. It only got as far as a jug and glass. A most enjoyable weekend.  ::)

Nearly forgot, took a gravity reading before and after, turned out at about 10%.
Now your grips too strong
You can't catch love with a net or a gun
Gotta keep faith that your path will change
Gotta keep faith that your luck will change tomorrow
'James'

daska

Re: ribena wine
« Reply #33 on: October 20, 2009, 09:28 »
2 L of Morrisons' chilled "Summerfruits" drink (99p for 2 litres PET bottles and contains apple, strawberry, raspberry and blackcurrant juice - it may taste good enough to make wine out of on it's own, but lots of the flavour is lost during fermentation and the extra blackcurrant & blueberry juice is essential). If they don’t have enough or too much you can freeze it – but don’t be tempted to use their Blackcurrant & Apple instead.

discontinued :(

what's the best equivalent?

rubixs

• my son lewis
« Reply #34 on: October 20, 2009, 14:46 »
i'm abit confused as to what recipe to go by as granniannies recipe is:

1 bottle of original Ribena (not artificially sweetened must be 'Original').
1 teaspoon of citric acid or juice from one lemon.
1 sachet of winemaking yeast.
1 teaspoon of yeast nutrient.
1 1/2 lbs of sugar.

but reading other recipes on other forums they advise 3lbs of sugar.
now i dont want a real sweet wine or a dryish wine something in between.
so should i be adding say 1.5 lbs of sugar  :unsure: for a wine in between sweet & dry.
up the villa

floydion

« Reply #35 on: November 17, 2009, 10:59 »
hello all this is my first post but ive been reading chat allotment for a year now.
last week i started 2 wines, 1 ribena the dilute stuff and 1 robinsons summer fruits also dilute, after boiling for 10mins i added enough sugar to bring the sg upto 1.070 and used wilkinsons yeast and nuetrients, the ribena is still bubbling away and has a sg of 1.030 and the summer fruits stopped bubbling and has a sg of around 1.000, so i racked the summer fruits and i must say even though it still needs time to clear it was a very nice drink, couldnt help getting a taste as i syphoned into a new dj, ive been making fast wines and turbo ciders for a year now and the robinsons summer fruits is the best ive tasted, just hope most of it is clear before Christmas.

i highly recomend the robinsons summer fruit wine to everyone who is looking for a fast wine.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2009, 11:55 by floydion »

floydion

« Reply #36 on: November 19, 2009, 09:17 »
Just a quick update on my Robinsons sumer fruits wine.

Well i started the wine on the 12th sg 1.050 and racked on the 15th sg1.000, the Wilkinsons yeast really works fast when used with Wilkinsons nuterients and it contains bentonite which speeds up clearing.

On the 17th i racked into 2l pop bottles and moved to the fridge, today 19th, the bottles have compleatly cleared and have a sg of .994 thats got to be getting on for 7%. I was going to leave them both for Christmas but i think one of the 2l wont make it past the weekend.

This has got to be the fastest wine i have ever made, true the sg was only 1.050 and not the normal 1.070 1.100 i usally use but it has cleared so fast that i think i will be making this on a regular basis.

1l of Robinsons dilute made upto 4.5l demi john has left me with a very fruity drink that still has all the flavour of the original drink, just with the added tang of a cider/wine.

I will deffo be making loads more of this, if i make it past the weekend that is.

rubixs

• my son lewis
« Reply #37 on: January 26, 2010, 10:27 »
i'm abit confused as to what recipe to go by as granniannies recipe is:

1 bottle of original Ribena (not artificially sweetened must be 'Original').
1 teaspoon of citric acid or juice from one lemon.
1 sachet of winemaking yeast.
1 teaspoon of yeast nutrient.
1 1/2 lbs of sugar.

but reading other recipes on other forums they advise 3lbs of sugar.
now i dont want a real sweet wine or a dryish wine something in between.
so should i be adding say 1.5 lbs of sugar  :unsure: for a wine in between sweet & dry.

can some 1 clear this up for me plz.
its been about 3 months now since i posted.

thanks

xx
Ribena Wine

Started by SANDRA on Homebrew

2 Replies
Last post June 20, 2008, 17:43
by SANDRA
xx
Ribena/Vimto wine

Started by fallen angel on Homebrew

3 Replies
Last post August 18, 2015, 15:57
by GrannieAnnie
xx
Turbo cider/Ribena wine

Started by theboywhowouldnthoecorn on Homebrew

3 Replies
Last post April 11, 2012, 16:44
by Alastair-I
xx
Ribena wine - palatable straight away?

Started by sharky on Homebrew

3 Replies
Last post February 12, 2010, 17:26
by new_2_veg

Page created in 0.125 seconds with 39 queries.