Naughty hen

• 1 Replies

snow white

Naughty hen
« on: July 07, 2016, 19:35 »
One of my hens escaped its pen today on my allotment.  A plot neighbour didn't know whose hen it was and caught it and put it in the chicken cooperative.  It was a bit shell -shocked and was hiding in one of the nest boxes.  It is now glad to be home.  BUT in the process of catching it, he trashed my onion bed and fell on a metal cage protecting some crops doing himself some damage.  His wife is furious with me.  Why he didn't just ring me so that I could sort it I don't know.  Its one thing after another. Seriously thinking of giving up again.  I did think the chicken "problem" was sorted but it seems that we still have a strong anti chicken bridgade.   Just venting.  :( >:( :mad:

New shoot

• Global Moderator
Re: Naughty hen
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2016, 10:29 »
Just venting.  :( >:( :mad:

Sometimes you just need to and it sounds like you did have a particularly trying day  ::)  He could easily have called you and if he fell, that was a complete accident.  Unfortunate for him as he was only trying to help, but no-ones fault.

All the fuss and bother is a day behind you now, so hopefully you feel a bit more positive today.   Also fingers crossed both the onions and the hen recover after their ordeal :)

xx
Very naughty.

Started by JaK on Chicken Chat

5 Replies
Last post June 29, 2013, 11:15
by ANHBUC
xx
Naughty Daisy

Started by rossivale on Chicken Chat

2 Replies
Last post May 11, 2010, 08:12
by dizzylizzie
xx
The Daily Naughty

Started by LittleRedHen on Chicken Chat

2 Replies
Last post April 20, 2011, 17:01
by LittleRedHen
xx
Been a bit naughty. New babies!

Started by Kate and her Ducks on Chicken Chat

12 Replies
Last post October 09, 2011, 13:29
by ANHBUC

Page created in 0.128 seconds with 40 queries.