More pumpkin chat

• 0 Replies

gardgydja

• Experienced Member
More pumpkin chat
« on: August 11, 2008, 20:02 »
Couldn´t resist any longer- picked a "Sweet Dumpling", a "Golden Hubbard" and was graciously presented with a huge marrow by a plot neighbour.

Roasted the "Sweet Dumpling" in the oven with butter, olive oil, salt, peppar and two very tiny, ferociously hot chilies I got off my chili plant!! It was delicious, very nutty and sweet with the same texture as hokkaido. It was bright green outside and acid yellow inside. I have no idea if it was properly ripe or not but it was delicious anyway. I will leave the others on the plant for as long as I can though, it´s supposed to be better.

So far all of my plants are producing plenty of pumpkins/winter squashes. I noticed one neighbour has gone down the "pick off all but two fruits" route and her two "New England Pie" pumpkins are indeed three times the size of mine, but I have at least ten pumpkins on just the two plants, and they continue to flower. Does it make any difference to the texture of them, when they become so big? Do they get stringy? I might want to try growing a big halloween one next year.

xx
chat.allotment-garden.org

Started by Potty Plotty Lotty on Grow Your Own

3 Replies
Last post June 08, 2014, 12:31
by Goosegirl
xx
Pumpkin vines dying but pumpkin still green.

Started by MichelleC on Grow Your Own

5 Replies
Last post September 03, 2011, 22:07
by rubyrose
xx
Pumpkin

Started by Nickchick on Grow Your Own

11 Replies
Last post July 19, 2010, 21:04
by 1st time veg grower
xx
i think its a pumpkin?

Started by poppie on Grow Your Own

2 Replies
Last post August 16, 2009, 09:52
by SG6

Page created in 0.316 seconds with 28 queries.