novital covatutto 7 incubater

• 10 Replies

littlefeat

« on: October 20, 2007, 12:31 »
hi just bought the above incubater,from ebay, its got no instructions or a bulb,anyone got this one and could photocopy the instructions for me or scan them and email me them etc, any advice greatly appreciated

littlefeat
at home with 4 cats, 1 dog, 2 rabbits, 2 rats 4 fish, 4 chickens, 2 kids and 1 hubby, i love gardening, and looking after my tribe.

Tessh

« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2007, 09:08 »
Hi, I've got a Covatutto 12 similar to a 7 only it fits more eggs. I looked in the book to see what bulb mine takes and it says "Replacement must be carried out by an authorised maintenance centre" :?  no bulb size or type given (mines round like a golf ball on a stick, on the bulb it says Sylvania satin 60W K5/SU, a little sticker on the lid says E14).
You'll need a thermometer to put inside the dome bit. The temp is controlled by the light turning on and off if it gets too hot or cold there is a controller at the top that you stick a screwdriver in and turn (it will take ages to get right because after every adjustment you'll need to wait an hour for the temp to settle again)
The bottom comes appart and fill the centre hole with tepid water to provide humidity top this up every three days.
I would recommend you get Incubation: a guide to hatching and rearing by Katie Thear its much more useful than the instruction book
I've only used mine once so far and we managed to hatch 4 from 6 eggs.
hope this helps and good luck.

muntjac

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2007, 11:02 »
go to a lighting stockist and ask them order the bulbs for you always buy 2  :wink: . telling them what they are for . fit your own bulb its simple enough ,the thermostat is another thing that does need proper attention from an electrician..  :wink:
still alive /............

Tensing

• Experienced Member
    • uk goat owners
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2007, 12:17 »
Ascott do the replacement bulbs, I have the Covatto 6 and it takes a 25w opal screw fitting bulb, there is a sticker insdie with the info on.
Caroline

Tensing

• Experienced Member
    • uk goat owners
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2007, 12:18 »
Oh and I scan the booklet for you aswell

muntjac

« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2007, 12:19 »
nice one tensing ,ur a star :wink:  :)

littlefeat

« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2007, 13:17 »
Quote from: "Tessh"
Hi, I've got a Covatutto 12 similar to a 7 only it fits more eggs. I looked in the book to see what bulb mine takes and it says "Replacement must be carried out by an authorised maintenance centre" :?  no bulb size or type given (mines round like a golf ball on a stick, on the bulb it says Sylvania satin 60W K5/SU, a little sticker on the lid says E14).
You'll need a thermometer to put inside the dome bit. The temp is controlled by the light turning on and off if it gets too hot or cold there is a controller at the top that you stick a screwdriver in and turn (it will take ages to get right because after every adjustment you'll need to wait an hour for the temp to settle again)
The bottom comes appart and fill the centre hole with tepid water to provide humidity top this up every three days.
I would recommend you get Incubation: a guide to hatching and rearing by Katie Thear its much more useful than the instruction book
I've only used mine once so far and we managed to hatch 4 from 6 eggs.
hope this helps and good luck.

many thanks,
ive ordered the book  :D

littlefeat

littlefeat

« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2007, 13:20 »
Quote from: "muntjac"
go to a lighting stockist and ask them order the bulbs for you always buy 2  :wink: . telling them what they are for . fit your own bulb its simple enough ,the thermostat is another thing that does need proper attention from an electrician..  :wink:

thanks munty

my oh went and got me some bulbs, but they are candle shape not golfball shape, so i need to get some more,
also managed to get a hygrometer and placed it inside so ile see how it goes

many thanks for the advice  :)

littlefeat

littlefeat

« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2007, 13:21 »
Quote from: "Tensing"
Ascott do the replacement bulbs, I have the Covatto 6 and it takes a 25w opal screw fitting bulb, there is a sticker insdie with the info on.

thanks tensing

we managed to get some they are a 40w golfball

many thanks

littlefeat

littlefeat

« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2007, 13:24 »
Quote from: "Tensing"
Oh and I scan the booklet for you aswell

thanks very much tensing
i managed to look at one online, it seemed as useful as a chocolate firequard  :x

do you unscrew the botton and fill it with water, or just fill the four little cups situated aroung the outside, of the bottom unit  :?

littlefeat

Tensing

• Experienced Member
    • uk goat owners
« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2007, 13:29 »
Just the little cups, seem to rember 2 cups at the beginning then all 4 for hatching.

question
novital covatutto incubator - any good?

Started by jobson336 on The Hen House

2 Replies
Last post June 20, 2010, 23:43
by jobson336
xx
Covatutto 24 Incubator instructions???

Started by Squiggly on The Hen House

5 Replies
Last post April 22, 2011, 17:36
by 8doubles
xx
incubater help plzzzz (hoverbator )

Started by chickchook on The Hen House

3 Replies
Last post February 11, 2011, 20:37
by Chookiechook
xx
where can i pick a cheap incubater up ?

Started by alotment shed on The Hen House

11 Replies
Last post March 29, 2009, 20:42
by Kate and her Ducks

Page created in 0.241 seconds with 35 queries.