What I did on the plot today - 2013

• 2699 Replies

Auntiemogs

Re: What I did on the plot today - 2013
« Reply #990 on: April 26, 2013, 21:31 »
My class had an  World War Two evacuation day. Suggested we had a Dig for Victory  on MY ALLOTMENT .So five groups of children came and helped my weed and plant veg and flowers  They did a very good job and enjoyed themselves getting grubby and my allotment has less weeding to be done. They were very proud of their handwork as I was  of them
Brilliant idea Devon (and I'm betting they had a wonderful time)!  :D

I potted on 20 toms and lovely, sturdy little things they are too (thanks to the light box).  :)
I would rather live in a world
where my life is surrounded by mystery
than live in a world so small that my mind could comprehend it...✿~ Harry Emerson Fosdick

blackberryjam

« Reply #991 on: April 26, 2013, 22:38 »
I'm on duty until next Tuesday so oh will be checking that things are okay on the plot :( at home my okra starting to sprout :)

Ema

« Reply #992 on: April 27, 2013, 10:56 »
Put 2 row of 2nd earlies in last night trough cardboard with a bulb planter, so many stones that I didn't get them anywhere near as deep as I would have like and will have to earth them up with straw. Going to put the others in using the lazy bed method instead.

Also got bitten by so many nats

Wiltshire Worms

• Experienced Member
« Reply #993 on: April 27, 2013, 13:05 »
dug my bean trench, lined with newspaper and compost and backfilled in

allotmentann

« Reply #994 on: April 27, 2013, 16:37 »
Delighted as my whole plot is now weed free (for a couple of days at least!). My fence is fixed and I have finally got around to planting the Boysenberry, Black raspberry (Glen Coe) and the Casielle. Amazing what can be accomplished in a couple of hours. :)

Ashurstman

• Experienced Member
« Reply #995 on: April 27, 2013, 17:57 »
First early spuds showing so covered with fleece; weeded around my onions/shallots/leeks - where do they (the weeds) keep coming from ?
And planted my chitted parsnips - now to see if it works!
All this between the showers!

allot2learn

« Reply #996 on: April 27, 2013, 20:43 »
Had a brill day on my allotment, but didn't get much done. I was talking to one of my neighbours when we spotted something moving on the grass bank about 100 feet away. As we watched, a dog fox emerged and sat at the top of the bank. A few seconds later, mrs fox came out followed by one....two....three....four....five....six cubs. Fox's only normally produce 4 or five cubs per year. There must be plenty for them to eat and they are safe from predators inside our steel boundary fence.
It was wonderful to see the cubs chasing each other around in the brief sunshine.
Gonna take my camera tomorrow.  :)

scattygirl

• Experienced Member
« Reply #997 on: April 27, 2013, 20:53 »
My class had an  World War Two evacuation day. Suggested we had a Dig for Victory  on MY ALLOTMENT .So five groups of children came and helped my weed and plant veg and flowers  They did a very good job and enjoyed themselves getting grubby and my allotment has less weeding to be done. They were very proud of their handwork as I was  of them

That's a good idea !!!!  I should get the children from my class to do mine too !!

Just spent the day in the garden today, potting things on and repotting a cherry tree. 

Ema

« Reply #998 on: April 27, 2013, 23:37 »
Wow the foxes sound amazing I would love to see them - hope they keep the rabbit population down.

I didn't visit the plot today but did sow some courgettes, squashes and herbs in paper cups at home

Steveharford

« Reply #999 on: April 28, 2013, 06:58 »
Yesterday I planted up tomatoes into final growing place i.e. large pots in the polytunnel. I still have to do the outside ones but may pot them ready today if I can find room to store them until they go out.
Sowed some more lettuce and radish.
Potted on my begonia plugs bought from Marshalls. Really pleased with the quality of those.
Split up and potted on a load of parsley which I bought as a living herb from morrisons. Must have been over a hundred seedlings in there which I split into smaller clumps and potted on.
Sweet corn showing through in my toilet roll pots so will have to dig a spot for them very soon.
Might split up some chives today.

Mark's Sussex Allotment

• 38 year old male, Married father of two
    • Mark's Sussex Allotment
« Reply #1000 on: April 28, 2013, 07:24 »
Yesterday I built a Geoff Hamilton cloche.
When weeding, the best way to know if its a weed and not a valuable plant is to pull it.

If it comes out easy, it was a valuable plant !

Lottiman

« Reply #1001 on: April 28, 2013, 08:38 »
Tidying, mulching and dusting off hoe, the weeds are off :mad: but so are the spuds strawberry's onions asparagus and shallots so can't complain it's been lift off this week. :D
Optimism probably a gardeners best tool.

grendel

« Reply #1002 on: April 28, 2013, 11:29 »
just back from the plot where the beds to plant more beans  were rotovated (until I broke the cord for the starter (again)) then 10 rows of assorted peas and beans were planted.
Grendel
we do the impossible daily, miracles take a little longer.

Dullnote

« Reply #1003 on: April 28, 2013, 11:39 »
What did I do in the plot today, nothing did too much yesterday can hardly move. Yesterday the sun out, I was building a retaining wall, few weeks ago had a JCB and lorry moved out about 250 tonnes of  rubbish, old contaminated soil, this has left me with flat area but need to build the wall to stop existing fence falling in. Next job will be to build raised beds and get new soil in.

Now where did I leave the pain killers

Annen

• Anne's Gardening Diary
« Reply #1004 on: April 28, 2013, 15:40 »
Still too cold to plant much, so I just went to check my cloche hadn't blown away.  It hadn't but I put another brick on it anyway.
Anne

xx
Tips for 2013 and my new plot

Started by Ema on Grow Your Own

5 Replies
Last post December 28, 2012, 15:43
by JayG
xx
Been to my plot today for......

Started by jacnal on Grow Your Own

32 Replies
Last post October 23, 2007, 21:17
by gobs
xx
what I did NOT do on the plot today.

Started by richrua on Grow Your Own

11 Replies
Last post March 30, 2013, 10:29
by BabbyAnn
xx
What I did on the plot today - 2012

Started by DD. on Grow Your Own

2319 Replies
Last post December 31, 2012, 17:30
by Plot 6B

Page created in 0.35 seconds with 35 queries.