Can we go to our plots? YES WE CAN

• 38 Replies

chillimummy

Re: Can we go to our plots? YES WE CAN
« Reply #30 on: March 28, 2020, 10:50 »
I went yesterday and am now on my smaller piece of plot, prepping and getting ready.  Today might finish it, if not tomorrow will.

I am trying to get to a stage where a further lock down for 2/3 weeks won't set me too far back and I think I am getting close now  :)
Same here.
My onions are all in now and potatoes will be in soon.
Have one bed left to dig over but planning on growing more at home this year.
Son helped me dig beds at home and have flowers to put in but mostly will fill with salad stuff and possibly some beans and peas depending how things change with government advice.
If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need.

Marcus Tullius Cicero

Any Comments ? :
http://chat.allotment-garden.org/index.php?board=38.0

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #31 on: April 01, 2020, 18:10 »
The National Allotment Society (NSALG) have added this to their page
Driving to the plot, we are aware that in recent days there has been conflicting statements from police forces about driving to your plot. A briefing has now been issued from the College of Policing and the National Police Chief’s Council that advises forces to :-

"Use your judgement and common sense; for example, people will want to exercise locally and may need to travel to do so, we don’t want the public sanctioned for travelling a reasonable distance to exercise. ………………….. We should reserve enforcement only for individuals who have not responded to Engage, Explain, and Encourage, where public health is at risk."

If you need to drive a reasonable distance to get to your plot then this guidance would suggest that it is permissible to do so. However, please walk to the plot if at all possible
https://www.nsalg.org.uk/news/covid19-information/?fbclid=IwAR06fMCFMlHcm9c1GQJCxtXUwQsYHPi402HHj390KRivdHoTj3XhOUE5abg

bowler

social distancing
« Reply #32 on: April 08, 2020, 16:17 »
 on our plot the secretary seems to think it:s alright to go on to another plot and help to erect a garden shed
helping the plotholder to erect a greenhouse , all while we are supposed to be keeping our distance , I am at a complete loss at his stupity, just wondered what other people thought.

waiting in anticipation

Aunt Sally

• Administrator
  • Everyone's Aunty
« Reply #33 on: April 08, 2020, 16:48 »
I agree, bowler.  How foolish not to view others as potential sources of infection.

WeavingGryphon

« Reply #34 on: April 09, 2020, 10:03 »
Our site is really busy and everyone was keeping a safe distance. It would have helped if one pair of plot holders hadn't parked their van right in the middle of the lane. Giving the evuls to everyone trying to get past. I was tempted to take the disinfectant spray to it because there's no space to either side and you end up brushing up the side of it without the wheelbarrow. Corona lingers on hard metal surface so they aren;t helping. If everyone else can walk the 2 minutes it takes that cantankerous pair of old gits can. The only time they bother to speak to anyone is to screech about wheel ruts in the lane as well, when they are the only ones driving up it.

Mr Dog

Re: social distancing
« Reply #35 on: April 09, 2020, 10:43 »
on our plot the secretary seems to think it:s alright to go on to another plot and help to erect a garden shed
helping the plotholder to erect a greenhouse , all while we are supposed to be keeping our distance , I am at a complete loss at his stupity, just wondered what other people thought.

waiting in anticipation

Despite one plotholder on my site having already died with/of corona there are 5 others (including the site secretary) regular gathering for a cuppa in one of their sheds as well as constantly nipping on and off each others plot for a chat or to help. To make it worse they are all either over 70 and/or have other medical conditions! Whilst it's lovely to sit and have a chat with them over a cuppa I just cannot see the risk being worth it.

Aunt Sally

• Administrator
  • Everyone's Aunty
« Reply #36 on: April 09, 2020, 12:30 »
Some people are already brain dead.  But they will probably not be the ones to suffer from their stupidity... sadly.

mrs bouquet

Re: social distancing
« Reply #37 on: April 09, 2020, 12:38 »

waiting in anticipation

What a Plonker  :ohmy:  Mrs Bouquet
Birds in cages do not sing  -  They are crying.

WeavingGryphon

« Reply #38 on: April 09, 2020, 13:21 »
Some people are already brain dead.  But they will probably not be the ones to suffer from their stupidity... sadly.

I'd love to see their reaction if he was to to give them a slow clap. Then call out that it was good of them to put so much effort into joining the plot holder who died to keep him company. Can he have their chickens? it's peak laying time. Then return to his plot saying he's going where it's safe.

Page created in 0.136 seconds with 48 queries.