Can we go to our plots? YES WE CAN

• 38 Replies

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
Re: Can we go to our plots? YES WE CAN
« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2020, 08:48 »
Michael Gove stated on BBC Breakfast it is "perfectly sensible for people to go to their allotment, as long as precautions are maintained.!"
Please stay safe and observe social distancing while you're on the plot, and happy gardening!

goose

• Experienced Member
« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2020, 09:11 »
great news, but I may leave it a couple of days as I think its going to be the busiest its ever been :nowink:

I hope people are sensible so the government doesn't reconsider its position on this.

WeavingGryphon

Re: Self isolation, can we go to our plots?
« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2020, 09:40 »
Our site is now a no go zone, as far as I can make out you are permitted to check/ feed and water poultry on site but you are not permitted to stay and garden for the next 3 weeks.

I just hope all the idiots listen now so we can get on top of this.
stay safe peeps

Why is your site a no go?
Micheal Gove said it was okay (MumofStig originally located and posted the video).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tKaFUJwlSKc

edit to fix link
« Last Edit: March 24, 2020, 10:00 by mumofstig »

Aidy

• Location: Born n bred Lancastrian living in tropical Blackpool
    • Aidy Neal Photography
« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2020, 18:06 »
Our site is now a no go zone, as far as I can make out you are permitted to check/ feed and water poultry on site but you are not permitted to stay and garden for the next 3 weeks.

stay safe peeps

Micheal Gove said it was okay (MumofStig originally located and posted the video).

edit to fix link
An email was sent following Bojo's speach late last night. This morning following Groves speach the Fed said that it was still not clear as in writing/ advising etc that it was allowed.
However... a few weee hours later and I was advised that following discussions we are now allowed back on providing we following set protocol for entering, on site and leaving. WE ARE BACK and doesnt my back know it :(
« Last Edit: March 24, 2020, 18:07 by Aidy »
Punk isn't dead...it's underground where it belongs. If it comes to the surface it's no longer punk...it's Green Day!

WeavingGryphon

« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2020, 22:17 »

stay safe peeps

edit to fix link
An email was sent following Bojo's speach late last night. This morning following Groves speach the Fed said that it was still not clear as in writing/ advising etc that it was allowed.
However... a few weee hours later and I was advised that following discussions we are now allowed back on providing we following set protocol for entering, on site and leaving. WE ARE BACK and doesnt my back know it :(

Yay, I'm glad your getting back in.
We've made a car kit with wet wipes, a bottle of disinfectant spray and a watered down bottle of hand soap in the car. Watered it down because our hand wash is a very thick gel and we want it to run so you can get it under your nails, wrinkles and spread over your hands easier. And not have a claggy layer left.

Aunt Sally

• Administrator
  • Everyone's Aunty

Aidy

• Aidy Neal Photography
« Reply #21 on: March 25, 2020, 07:53 »
No we are not not back  :(
We had another email last night telling us not to go on site.
It appears there is some conflicting info from the Gov peeps and so until it has been sorted we cannot go on. Fingers crossed this will be sorted, I have every faith in the peeps looking into it.

polo71

« Reply #22 on: March 25, 2020, 09:15 »
We got a email last night from our secretary saying we can go on site as long as we keep to the social distancing and don't stand about "chit chatting" in the car park. We lucky we only live 200yards from the site and only have one lock to deal with to gain access and my plot is right at the far end of the site so most plot holders never go to our end of the site.
I do agree it is more then confusing and is open to lots of different interpretations.   

Aunt Sally

• Administrator
  • Everyone's Aunty
« Reply #23 on: March 25, 2020, 09:18 »
The NSALG have some brilliant advice.
Check the link below.

Wellington

• Experienced Member
« Reply #24 on: March 25, 2020, 10:27 »
We went up yesterday, and there wasn't a soul there, all afternoon.  The lanes and roads to and from were busier than I've ever seen them with people 'out for a walk'. The site was busy at the weekend, when we will try to avoid it, because that's only fair (as we can go in the week). Although I am concerned we may end up not being allowed up at all (in Spain and Italy you are only allowed to go 100m or 200m away from your house now. They are stopping and checking, and can tell as you must carry an identity card and have a police check each time you move house, and are issued with a notice when you are stopped, so they can tell if you are stopped again. I believe people are still allowed to work as normal, though)

I would much prefer to visit the plot than a shop. Although of course visits will be more frequent this time of year, they involve significantly fewer people, outside, so the infection risk is vastly reduced, and visiting now will help ease any shortages later. It will also involve contact with fewer higher risk people, and give anyone who is higher risk more autonomy to shield.

jezza

« Reply #25 on: March 26, 2020, 19:56 »
hello I have been chatting to a parish council clerk today it was brought up in conversation about the allotments in her parish she has had to check with the councils public liability insurance provider to see how this virus is going to affect the allotment holders result is as long as the social distancing rules are abided by there should be no problem it was suggested that if there's any shared equipment on the site eg rotavators mowers strimmers that one person is the designated operator with gloves supplied and left on each machine all other hand tools wiped down before and after use with a hand cleaner   jezza

grinling

« Reply #26 on: March 26, 2020, 22:02 »
If taps are shared,remember to wear gloves.

Aidy

• Aidy Neal Photography
« Reply #27 on: March 28, 2020, 07:39 »
I was going to update my last post but decided to make the most of getting on the plot instead just incase.
After our last email saying we shut we had another saying we can go on but our own risk and we must follow NAS guide lines until further notice.
I am now about 3 months ahead!
I have even managed to get my pond in for the froglets when they hatch.
Stay safe peeps
« Last Edit: March 28, 2020, 07:42 by Aidy »

New shoot

• Global Moderator
« Reply #28 on: March 28, 2020, 09:28 »
I went yesterday and am now on my smaller piece of plot, prepping and getting ready.  Today might finish it, if not tomorrow will.

I am trying to get to a stage where a further lock down for 2/3 weeks won't set me too far back and I think I am getting close now  :)

Christine

« Reply #29 on: March 28, 2020, 09:36 »
It's no fun being an allotment committee at the moment let me tell you folks.

Page created in 0.143 seconds with 55 queries.