GG's getting a bike!

• 4 Replies

Goosegirl

GG's getting a bike!
« on: July 28, 2020, 13:42 »
… or rather a tricycle. It was OH's idea so I can have a bit of independence and some exercise so I can visit a couple of local friends, do a bit of shopping and have a wander down some of the lovely country lanes around here. When I was in my teens I used to go on my bike with my pal around the countryside and mum would always make me some ham sandwiches and a bottle of dilute orange juice. My bike was second-hand, the colour was British racing green, and instead of a straight diagonal bit between the top below the handle-bars and the bottom of the saddle post it curved downwards. It had a basket on the front and a little saddle bag at the back. Anyone know the make and no "penny-farthing" jokes please - ha!

I work very hard so don't expect me to think as well.

al78

Re: GG's getting a bike!
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2020, 13:50 »
The Trough of Bowland and nearby villages are very pleasant to explore on a bike, and are accessible from Lancaster almost entirely on unclassified roads.

You can do a big circular ride: Trough of Bowland, Dunsop, Whitray fell, Wray, Brookhouse, Halton. Quite demanding as it is very hilly.

snowdrops

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2020, 14:56 »
Sounds a great idea GG, maybe see if they do electric ones as well, then if you needed a bit of help it would be ready when you are. I think Growster has an electric 2 wheeler, he’ll be along soon to advise I’m sure.
Sounds like you’re very positive & enjoying your new life, long may you continue to be excited by it all xx
A woman's place is in her garden.

See my diary pages here
and add a comment here

8doubles

« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2020, 14:25 »
Have a Google for Ladies BSA Roadster .
It seems to fit the description.

Growster...

« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2020, 18:25 »
Well done that Gal!

As Snows says, an electric machine may cost just a few quid more, but are really well worth it!

Mine is three years old, and I did about 18 miles the other day, all over the place, and it really was a grand hour and a half! The hills around here are dire in places, so I hope you have an easier ride, but the interchange between using the 'assist', and the normal 7 speed Shimano gears is just great fun!

And while you're looking at a trike, they kick in at around a grand, but you may be able to pick one up second-hand!

'Goferit', and ask away if you have any queries!

(and always wear a helmet..:0~

xx
Halfords bike

Started by Elaine G on Chatting on the Plot

8 Replies
Last post December 04, 2017, 17:29
by Growster...

Page created in 0.16 seconds with 43 queries.