temperature and humidity monitors/recorders

• 1 Replies

Elm street

• Experienced Member
temperature and humidity monitors/recorders
« on: February 10, 2015, 17:10 »
Can anyone recommend temperature and humidity monitors/recorders to use in my new greenhouse?
I would like to be able to record the temperature and humidity over time to see how it effects the date I can plant seeds etc. a multi point recorder would be nice or a few single point ones as I would like to record inside/outside air and ground temperatures and humidity plus maybe internal/external water butt temperatures!

Thanks in advance,
Mel.

Kristen

• K's Garden blog
Re: temperature and humidity monitors/recorders
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2015, 17:28 »
Arexx make some sensors that transmit (wirelessly) to a base station, and from there you can capture to PC.  Make sure you get the higher powered one if in a remote greenhouse, my experience is that even with the base station on a windowsill with uninterrupted line-of-sight except for a hedge it was touch and go at the advertised distance,

http://www.arexx.com/templogger/html/en/info.php

That will give you real-time logging, for after-the-fact logging I use USB loggers. Plug into PC and CONFIG (interval between readings etc.), carry them to the monitoring location, press the button, retrieve then after a while and plug-in and download the data.

You can get Temperature and Humidity ones, and shop around for price, this just picked at random from Google:
http://www.rapidonline.com/test-measurement/voltcraft-dl-101t-usb-temperature-data-logger-51-5408

xx
Ways of reducing humidity in a greenhouse??

Started by infowarrior on Equipment Shed

8 Replies
Last post August 28, 2007, 21:26
by Bigbadfrankie
xx
soil temperature

Started by noshed on Equipment Shed

3 Replies
Last post March 28, 2008, 12:13
by compostqueen

Page created in 0.118 seconds with 33 queries.