Lidl - 14 Pages of Gardening equipment and plants

• 22 Replies

cadalot

Lidl - 14 Pages of Gardening equipment and plants
« on: February 27, 2014, 17:39 »
Check out the on-line brochure for between Thursday 6th March to Wednesday 12th March for 14 pages of gardening equipment and plants online at  http://www.lidl-pageflip.com/uk.html?kid=yaQOaL&ar=1

plum crumble

Re: Lidl - 14 Pages of Gardening equipment and plants
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2014, 09:30 »
there is one close to me - went in yesterday to check it out and saw that the gardening offers were on there way. Will certainly look at the loppers,  but if they are too heavy, I'll give them a swerve.

Having never really bought from Lidl, I don't know what they are really like generally. Any experience? For example, fresh veg quality, meat, etc? I'll certainly pop in and check out next week's gardening deals
small, Welsh and almost certainly bonkers, but can be tamed with Talisker, if required

madcat

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2014, 14:04 »
Over the last couple of years when my weekly round has taken me past them on a regular basis, I have found that the regular, mainstream supermarket shopping list has been getting shorter and the Lidls one longer.  The choice is less but the quantity of what they have is fine to good. Their strong bread flour is great and much cheaper than anywhere else.  I also buy veg and olive oil, spread, butter, peanut butter, yogurt, passata and chopped tomatoes, big sacks of rice, washing powder, dishwasher tabs, plain chocolate digestives, muesli, chocolate, peanuts, ground coffee .... Humph.  I hadn't realised how much of my list comes from there!  Not impressed with their pasta - no big bags or much of a range.

Prices are rarely more than the mainstream supermarket and generally less.   I dont buy much veg - because of the allotment - or meat, but what I have bought there has been comparable to the main 'tesc-bury' ranges. Oh and the pricing on the beer OH likes is the best around!   ::)
All we need to make us really happy is something to be enthusiastic about (Charles Kingsley)

Fairy Plotmother

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2014, 14:14 »
I do a lot of shopping in lidl. Fruit, meat and veg when necessary are all of top quality. Store cupboard basics as madcap has described all good value.

8doubles

« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2014, 14:52 »
Another + for lidl food , always got one of their salami in the fridge or freezer.
Only takes a few slices of fresh or shavings if frozen to add loads of flavour to many dishes. :)

superpete

• Experienced Member
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2014, 16:24 »
I also buy veg and olive oil, spread, butter, peanut butter, yogurt, passata and chopped tomatoes, big sacks of rice, washing powder, dishwasher tabs, plain chocolate digestives, muesli, chocolate, peanuts, ground coffee .... Humph.
  ....I always have a couple handfuls of those loose roasted salted almonds from the big white sacks - luv em - and I like it that they've now started doing the 'baked in store' bread :)
« Last Edit: February 28, 2014, 16:26 by superpete »

JayG

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2014, 14:57 »
My regular Lidl purchases are their "Crusty Croc" crisps,  ::) cheap roll-on deodorants, large English free range eggs (have been £1 per half dozen for months now) and have also bought fresh meat - not spectacularly cheap but generally better quality than from my usual very well known supermarket.

This one has only been open a couple of years, and it's much busier now than it used to be, with a much broader range of clientele - no wonder the big players are getting worried!  :)
Sow your seeds, plant your plants. What's the difference? A couple of weeks or more when answering possible queries!

One of the best things about being an orang-utan is the fact that you don't lose your good looks as you get older

Beetroot Queen

« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2014, 19:32 »
We love lidl. All non plot veg comes from lidl, part baked rolls store cupboard for florence as they are allergen free. Crusty crocs also great for her.
There tinned sweetcorn is better than green giant another florence safe product. Love the meat although not everything is available.
Our lidl is only 8 mins walk away ..... Happy days  :lol:

barley

« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2014, 20:42 »
cadalot how do you find the lidl flip page mag ?

I only ever seem to find photos

cadalot

« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2014, 00:35 »
cadalot how do you find the lidl flip page mag ?

I only ever seem to find photos

They are on the main Lidl web site, there is a link to the flip page mag its called Online Leaflets

barley

« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2014, 08:13 »
thankyou kind sir  ;)

JayG

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2014, 17:14 »
Back in Lidl this afternoon, and oh dear, just couldn't walk past the seed display.  ::)

Packets marked "1" are 29p each, 5 for a quid, so it would have been rude not to buy some, especially as you get a little bit of entertainment from the descriptions which are occasionally a little eccentric (there was a type of red radish which was described as "not furry" - I didn't buy any because IMHO there's nothing better than a nice furry red radish!  :lol:)

sunshineband

• Global Moderator
  • Tallest Sunflower prizewinner 2014
    • A Little Bit of Sunshine
« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2014, 18:04 »
Back in Lidl this afternoon, and oh dear, just couldn't walk past the seed display.  ::)

Packets marked "1" are 29p each, 5 for a quid, so it would have been rude not to buy some, especially as you get a little bit of entertainment from the descriptions which are occasionally a little eccentric (there was a type of red radish which was described as "not furry" - I didn't buy any because IMHO there's nothing better than a nice furry red radish!  :lol:)

:lol: :lol:

Now that does have me wondering ...  :unsure:
Wisdom is knowing what to ignore - be comfortable in your own skin.
My Blog
My Diary
My Diary Comments

JayG

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2014, 18:28 »
.......me too (I'm wondering what you're wondering!  :unsure:  8)  :lol:)

sunshineband

• Global Moderator
  • Tallest Sunflower prizewinner 2014
    • A Little Bit of Sunshine
« Reply #14 on: March 18, 2014, 18:33 »
.......me too (I'm wondering what you're wondering!  :unsure:  8)  :lol:)

Why I have never come across furry radishes, of any colour  :unsure: :lol:

xx
50% off Gardening Equipment at Dobbie

Started by nickmcmechan on Frugal Living

2 Replies
Last post December 29, 2010, 08:21
by New shoot
xx
Lidl - Massive Gardening Event

Started by st0ne5ish on Frugal Living

9 Replies
Last post March 03, 2011, 21:09
by plum crumble
xx
£1 strawberry plants from Lidl

Started by lettice on Frugal Living

11 Replies
Last post July 25, 2017, 10:48
by GraciesGran
xx
Suttons Seeds Equipment Sale

Started by DD. on Frugal Living

2 Replies
Last post August 27, 2012, 15:25
by Yana

Page created in 0.154 seconds with 39 queries.