Pea sticks or not ?

• 32 Replies

DD.

• Global Moderator
  • Location: Loughborough. a/k/a Digger Dave. Prettiest Pumpkin prizewinner 2011
  • Pea God & Founder Member of The NFGG
Re: Pea sticks or not ?
« Reply #30 on: February 20, 2011, 15:09 »
I have never fed my peas anything. The ground is quiet good though and full of humus which is what they like.

As I said before, I grow upwards of 200 feet of peas, so starting in gutter or pots and finding enough peas sticks is a no-go.
Did it really tell you to do THAT on the packet?

rowlandwells

« Reply #31 on: February 21, 2011, 20:01 »
well DD your comments are noted everyone to there own we all have our ways of growing as long as we achieve our goal thats the primary objective is it not we have an abundance of pea sticks each year as they only get put on the fire  :(

RW

Babstreefern

« Reply #32 on: February 21, 2011, 20:12 »
I use decorative garden eging fencing - they are plastic coated wiring which are in hoopes and they have "legs" that stick into the ground.  Each section is about 3 feet long, and I have 12 of them - perfect.  I set them out in zig-zag lines, and when in the ground they are roughly two and a half feet high, and I got them free and I use them year in, year out.  Great :D
They sound useful - where are they from and how much do they cost and can you post a picture?
Honest strangerachael, I've tried posting pics on the site, but without success, don't know why.  I've not seen them in garden centres; the ones I got someone had dumped them on our site, and the shop had taken them in to try to get rid of them (one man's rubbish is another's man's treasure).  Apparently, the shop had had them for months, so when I asked for them, they gave them to me.  If I put them all in the ground, end to end, they would measure approx 60ft, and as I said, they are about 2 to 3ft high.  I zigzag them to give them strength in the ground, if they are laid out in a dead straightline, I think the weight of foilage would pull them over, and if a wind got up that would definately pull them over.
Babs

xx
Pea sticks ...

Started by wellingtons on Grow Your Own

1 Replies
Last post January 21, 2008, 17:02
by Trillium
xx
Pea sticks

Started by Penny Finn on Grow Your Own

11 Replies
Last post June 03, 2014, 18:38
by pigguns
xx
Pea Sticks...

Started by Sadgit on Grow Your Own

8 Replies
Last post February 28, 2008, 12:27
by Eristic
xx
Where can I buy pea sticks?

Started by Kagganz on Grow Your Own

17 Replies
Last post March 24, 2009, 21:41
by Bombers

Page created in 0.386 seconds with 38 queries.