Best way to fill moderate gaps in greenhouse

• 1 Replies

al78

Best way to fill moderate gaps in greenhouse
« on: February 02, 2020, 22:18 »
I've (finally) finished getting my greenhouse reinforced against strong winds and am close to the point of being able to start growing things in it. I have noticed that on the sloping roof sides, there is a gap between the roof panels and the wall panels, of about a few mm, maybe a little more. It is not due to incorrect installation, it is just the way the frame is built. Since I am planning to start using it in April, it is unlikely to be an issue (and may be beneficial if it is warm), but next year, if I want to try starting things in February or early March, then lack of heat retention will be a problem. What do you think is a good way to fill long gaps of this size?

JayG

• Global Moderator
Re: Best way to fill moderate gaps in greenhouse
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2020, 08:23 »
I used exterior mastic to fill a few gaps in mine - sticks well but doesn't set hard so can be removed fairly easily at a later date.
Sow your seeds, plant your plants. What's the difference? A couple of weeks or more when answering possible queries!

One of the best things about being an orang-utan is the fact that you don't lose your good looks as you get older

Page created in 0.129 seconds with 39 queries.