Chicken with rumbly tum

• 1 Replies

pigeonpie

Chicken with rumbly tum
« on: August 26, 2010, 18:16 »
Hi,
My favourite chicken, Ginger, has been a little off colour the last couple of days and not rushing to eat like the others.  I have now brought her in to the house to get her out of the rain and to see if I could get her to eat.  I tried tempting her with a few treats but she just wandered around and hunched up.  I then brought a potting tray in and have filled it with sawdust and plonked her in it.  She seems very happy and as soon as I put some layers mash in front of her she started to pick away at it.  They don't usually have mash but I have some as I have a load of new ex-batts at the moment.
However, as I was just in the kitchen with her I could hear her stomach grumbling away.  It's very loud and something I've never heard, or never noticed before.
Does anyone know if this is normal?  Or what could be the cause?
One of the girls layed a very large lash a couple of weeks ago, I don't know whether it was her but am wondering if the two could be connected. 

Any ideas/ suggestions/ comments gratefully received.

Aidy

• Location: Born n bred Lancastrian living in tropical Blackpool
    • Aidy Neal Photography
Re: Chicken with rumbly tum
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2010, 11:37 »
Is her crop full or empty, soft or hard? My first thoughts may be sour crop. One my hens went off her food every so often, she looked bright enough etc. I gave her some pro-biotic youghurt and it seemed to sort her out so now I gave it the flock once a month and never had a repeat case.
If it is sour crop you can generaly smell it on her breath.
Hope this helps a little.
Punk isn't dead...it's underground where it belongs. If it comes to the surface it's no longer punk...it's Green Day!

xx
New Chicken ~Owner with Chicken Emergency

Started by Jae Dawn on The Hen House

8 Replies
Last post August 15, 2010, 23:22
by Thingy
xx
how much does a chicken eat?

Started by cejx on The Hen House

13 Replies
Last post April 09, 2011, 11:21
by evie2
xx
How do I know the age of a chicken?

Started by Neelam on The Hen House

7 Replies
Last post October 28, 2013, 10:49
by Sassy
xx
gay chicken

Started by taximan on The Hen House

1 Replies
Last post July 30, 2010, 18:19
by joyfull

Page created in 0.302 seconds with 38 queries.