Henrys Handy Hint Number 4

• 28 Replies

mkhenry

« on: May 25, 2007, 22:23 »
Urine has been a very useful by product for 100s of years.It was an essential ingredient in Dyeing Cloth,The finishing of Harris Tweed,Tanning leather,and one of the most important the making of Gun Powder.Up Until the first world war it was used to whiten shirts and sheets in the laundry process and almost every compost heap had more than its far share.........However are there still uses for this liquid to day...........Yep there is.If you have a badger problem ask all your menfolk(sorry ladies but it has to be the men this time) to spinkle around your boundary.Repeat this every 4 weeks and your problem will go away.Badgers will not cross the line ever again....Also of course it is still a great and very cheap activater for your compost heap but be very careful when and where you dangle your dingle. :shock:
P.S. They needed 1000s or gallons of it every week.Where did they get it all from :?:  :?:  :?:
Some poor village is missing its Idiot
plus officially the longest ever occupier of the naughty step.
My Gardening and Growing Hints and Tips

shaun

Re: Henrys Handy Hint Number 4
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2007, 22:40 »
Quote from: "mkhenry"
P.S. They needed 1000s or gallons of it every week.Where did they get it all from :?:  :?:  :?:

they got it from a bloke called "the piss taker" :wink:  :lol:
feed the soil not the plants
organicish
you learn gardening by making mistakes

mkhenry

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2007, 22:52 »
Quote from: "shaun"

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:

mkhenry

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2007, 23:02 »

Actually Shaun,before the advent of public toilets there was a man called "Paddy The Pail"who worked in Pall Mall.He had a yoke on which hung 2 buckets,and for a penny he would cover you with his huge cloak while you proceeded to fill one of them.Now he did sell his collections but it was considered too rich for some uses.Industry prefered more common folks waste.Perhaps thats where the saying "to spend a penny" comes from. :wink:

shaun

« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2007, 23:15 »
and i thought spend a penny came from them old public toilets that charged you with a coin slot machine thingy on the door  :roll:

mkhenry

« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2007, 23:32 »
and i thought spend a penny came from them old public toilets that charged you with a coin slot machine thingy on the door  :roll:

Paddy the Pale was around a couple of hundred years before then,but they did help popularise the saying.In paddys day you could earn a living on the street by doing lots of little services.EG When you left your club a street urchen would walk in front of you lighting your way home with a burning torch. If they knew you had no money they would not bother,hence the saying "Not Worth a Light"........loads of these sayings have come down to us from Paddys days and some are still in common use. :lol:

Puff

« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2007, 09:58 »
Thanks Henry!  We have a notroious family of badgers who visit our site. They regularly dig up and eat every carrot grown. They also raid the peas (but not sugar snaps) and if it's a dry season, they'll have a go at parsnips too.  One has also been seen pulling down the branches of our little Victoria plum tree to snaffle up the ripe fruit.  Very few plot holders bother growing carrots, it's only the newbies (me and Mr Puff) and a couple of brave souls who bother.  It's the same with peas.

Mr Puff has been asked to save some Man Wee, so we can begin protecting our plot :)

WG.

« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2007, 10:56 »
If you have a badger problem ask all your menfolk(sorry ladies but it has to be the men this time) to spinkle around your boundary.Repeat this every 4 weeks and your problem will go away.

I'd be quite willing to give this a try but holding on for 4 weeks between successive applications would be a fair ask!  :wink:

DD.

• Global Moderator
  • Location: Loughborough. a/k/a Digger Dave. Prettiest Pumpkin prizewinner 2011
  • Pea God & Founder Member of The NFGG
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2007, 11:15 »
Repeat this every 4 weeks and your problem will go away.

You probably would as well if the old bill nick you for indecent exposure. :lol:
Did it really tell you to do THAT on the packet?

mkhenry

« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2007, 19:00 »
Quote from: "whisky_golf"
If you have a badger problem ask all your menfolk(sorry ladies but it has to be the men this time) to spinkle around your boundary.Repeat this every 4 weeks and your problem will go away.

I'd be quite willing to give this a try but holding on for 4 weeks between successive applications would be a fair ask!  :wink:
:D  :D  :?

mkhenry

« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2007, 19:03 »
Quote from: "Digger Dave"
Repeat this every 4 weeks and your problem will go away.

You probably would as well if the old bill nick you for indecent exposure. :lol:

When my case comes up in court next week thats what I will be telling them anyway.I was just trying to scare the badgers M"lord. :shock:

DD.

• Global Moderator
  • Location: Loughborough. a/k/a Digger Dave. Prettiest Pumpkin prizewinner 2011
  • Pea God & Founder Member of The NFGG
« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2007, 20:02 »

When my case comes up in court next week thats what I will be telling them anyway.I was just trying to scare the badgers M"lord. :shock:

I hope you're not boasting! :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

mkhenry

« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2007, 20:12 »
Quote from: "Digger Dave"

I hope you're not boasting! :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

No luckily badgers are very short sighted,and they would need binoculars anyway. :(

ytyynycefn

• http://www.ytyynycefn.com/5.html
« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2007, 21:14 »
Does boy-wee work, I wonder?  Or does it only get effective post puberty?  My little lad's favourite allotment job is peeing on the compost  :roll:

loubylou29

• Experienced Member
« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2007, 21:18 »
My son is potty training at the moment, and I use any outdorr potty fulls to accelarate the compost!

xx
Henrys Handy Hint Number 9 Moles

Started by mkhenry on Grow Your Own

4 Replies
Last post June 03, 2007, 16:42
by mkhenry
xx
Henrys Handy Hint Number 3 Lettuce

4 Replies
Last post May 29, 2007, 14:41
by flowerlady
xx
Henrys Handy Hint Number 11 Strawberrys

4 Replies
Last post June 11, 2007, 22:12
by Ann
xx
Henrys Handy Hint Number 8 Carrot Fly.

15 Replies
Last post June 02, 2007, 20:26
by WG.

Page created in 0.332 seconds with 39 queries.