I've been given a greenhouse!

• 17 Replies

slugtrap

« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2007, 17:47 »
Thanks for the feedback, North/South was what I wanted to hear because that will fit my plot best, but I've also since read that East/West is Best! (Robinsons Greenhouse assembly guidance). I think I'm just going to go with North/South as I get more light in the mornings in that spot.

I was only going to grow tomatoes/peppers/aubergine & cucumber on one side? You know the next question? I'll be using the other side for staging/seed growing/ and cuttings? Is it best to grow the crops on the sunny side and the seeds etc... in less full/direct sunlight?

oakfairy

« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2008, 23:22 »
hey potatopotato, how goes it with the greenhouse?  i know, its exciting! i am scraping putty out of an old frame i intend to get glazed, never had one before..... may well rent out my house and move in! :lol: am going to put down a concrete base, thought it would be easier to clean, what does everyone think... any tips?
success is the ability to go from one failure to the next with no loss of enthusiasm (winston churchill)

Cynara

• Experienced Member
« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2008, 20:15 »
Quote from: "slugtrap"
You know the next question? I'll be using the other side for staging/seed growing/ and cuttings? Is it best to grow the crops on the sunny side and the seeds etc... in less full/direct sunlight?

I think I'd go along with that. Put staging for seed trays on the side away from the sun and put the crop plants on the sunny side. Any crops will still be too small to cast shade on the seeds at the time of the year when most of the sowing goes on. Raising the seeds on the staging means they get plenty of light from above anyway.

xx
Greenhouse - which one ?

Started by scentedstock on Design and Construction

1 Replies
Last post March 05, 2008, 17:26
by Lee1978
xx
Where To Put The Greenhouse

Started by Milly on Design and Construction

2 Replies
Last post April 14, 2011, 18:52
by Milly
xx
New Greenhouse.

Started by Ma Lowe on Design and Construction

8 Replies
Last post April 05, 2011, 07:29
by PennyS
xx
My new greenhouse

Started by noshed on Design and Construction

2 Replies
Last post January 06, 2018, 13:28
by rowlandwells

Page created in 0.136 seconds with 39 queries.