Lots of Questions!!

• 17 Replies

FRUITFULL

Lots of Questions!!
« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2008, 08:09 »
Thank you for the welcome.
Okay so we will start at 3 and go from there.
Itook my old Staffie dog Rosie (shes 11) to see some chickens yesterday to get her used to them and she was petrified.I was dragging her along on her lead almost.Every time we walked past one she was giving sideways glances and couldnt wait to get back to the car.When the cock crowed right by her she almost jumped in my arms.
A bit of work needed there i think!
Made me laugh as where i live they have taken to calling Staffordshire bull terriers BADGE OF HONOUR dogs and STATUS dogs.Front page of the paper last week said they are used to intimidate people and fighting.Well Rosie has never even groweled in her life and is now scared of chickens!!

Kate and her Ducks

Lots of Questions!!
« Reply #16 on: September 17, 2008, 12:20 »
Talk about not saying boo to a goose!

:lol:  :oops:  :lol:
Be like a duck. Calm on the surface but always paddling like the dickens underneath.

mother hen

• Experienced Member
Lots of Questions!!
« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2008, 04:19 »
Hi fruitfull, buff orpingtons look like georgeous birds to me and I believe that they have nice calm natures but are they good layers, or doesnt it matter?  

I have a mixture of hens, bluebells - so friendly (kate knows!  :lol: )and lay every day nice brown eggs, welsummer chicks which next year should give me lovely dark red copper eggies, rhode island - big brown eggs, very good layers, wyandotte bantoms, cute, friendly, smaller white eggs, cream legbar - nice blue eggs lovely with humans but bitch of a chicken with the rest of the brood.  

multicoloured eggs look lovely in kitchen 8)   :)  im also after something to lay speckled eggs next year.  other advantage to different breeds is in naming and identifying them, though picking different colours of buff would help.   Not trying to confuse you just a thought, anyway big welcome to the forum, looking forward to hearing how you go on and seeing piccies.    :)
janet

xx
Im new and have lots of questions!!!

Started by Saffichook on The Hen House

0 Replies
Last post April 21, 2010, 12:06
by Saffichook
xx
Beginner.......with lots of questions!!

Started by momo32 on The Hen House

48 Replies
Last post June 08, 2008, 00:04
by GrannieAnnie
xx
Lice - lots of questions

Started by mo-jo on The Hen House

9 Replies
Last post October 09, 2010, 13:23
by Sassy
xx
Newbie - lots of questions!

Started by Louby Jones on The Hen House

7 Replies
Last post September 16, 2011, 09:35
by Casey76

Page created in 0.286 seconds with 38 queries.