atco mower HELP!!!!

• 26 Replies

Glosterboy

• Experienced Member
Re: atco mower HELP!!!!
« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2011, 15:04 »
Hello Motivator, Thanks.
My Mower's engine is similar to the one shown on the link. This morning I changed the oil, cleaned the spark-plug, added new fuel. Full choke, half throttle, pumped primer button 3 times. Pulled started cord. Fired up straight away. What a beautiful sound!!!! Within the pics added there is a view of the top of the carb. There shows a cable connected to the top of the carb. Is this somehow the ways and means of cutting-out the engine? The carb is a Zenith 13TC. Thanks for your help and info. I'm still searching the internet for a grass-box. Glosterboy.
S1051203.JPG

Glosterboy

• Experienced Member
« Reply #16 on: June 22, 2011, 15:06 »
Pics added.
S1051200.JPG

Glosterboy

• Experienced Member
« Reply #17 on: June 22, 2011, 15:09 »
Problem with adding pics.
S1051201.JPG
S1051201.JPG

Motivator

• Experienced Member
    • http://Napit.co.uk
« Reply #18 on: June 22, 2011, 16:26 »
Nice work there .The lever on the carb is the throttle stop .  There is a company that sell
mower boxes .  http://www.oldlawnmowers.co.uk/ worth a ask . When it contacts the metal shorts the spark so the engine stops . If not you will have to adjust the cable . So when you close the throttle lever there is contact.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2011, 17:19 by Motivator »
Digging ,Growing ,& the sport of kings.

Glosterboy

• Experienced Member
« Reply #19 on: June 24, 2011, 13:39 »
Motivator, Well got myself a grass-box!!!!!!!! Pleased has punch. There was an "advert" within the "oldlawnmower" website saying "free to good home". Thankfully, the pick-up was close to where I live. Next, sharpen the blades. Do you advise a professional at a cost? Or do you sharpen yours with a sharpening blade? Or by what means? Thanks, Glosterboy.

Motivator

• Experienced Member
« Reply #20 on: June 24, 2011, 14:10 »
Top work free grass box  :) I would go for a lapping kit from these guys regrinding is harsh on a older machine .  http://www.oldlawnmowers.co.uk/ :) it will sharpen the bottom blade as well.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2011, 14:12 by Motivator »

Glosterboy

• Experienced Member
« Reply #21 on: June 24, 2011, 18:18 »
Thanks Motivator. Yes, that looks like the ways and means to sharpen-up the blade. I've tried it on some grass. It did cut some grass. But, it also left a lot of grass laying flat. Hopefully, a good sharpening will do the trick. I've now (I think?) identified the mower I have. It is an ATCO B14 Deluxe. Thanks again for your help and information. Glosterboy. 

Motivator

• Experienced Member
« Reply #22 on: June 25, 2011, 09:48 »
Perhaps the blade needs adjusting , So when you rotate it . It will cut a piece of paper.

Glosterboy

• Experienced Member
« Reply #23 on: July 15, 2011, 20:27 »
Thanks Motivator. Sorry I've not replied earlier; just back from two weeks away. Anyway, "blade adjustment" this is where a manual would be useful!!!! I've search high and low for the relevant manual for my ATCO model. As of yet, no success. Even fleabay proved a blank. I've checked the ATCO website. PDF manuals available. But, only the latest models. I've left a pleading message on the "Oldmower" website. Hopefully soon, a positive reply!!! Thanks again for your helpful advice. Glosterboy.   

Motivator

• Experienced Member
« Reply #24 on: July 16, 2011, 11:40 »
Am sure they will be able to help you.But if i will try to explain how to set it up.

Paul Plots

« Reply #25 on: May 01, 2015, 22:02 »
I know this thread has not been touched for a long time but..... I found it interesting reading as...

Last week I unearthed my father's Atco Commodore B14 that was previously last started more than 10 years ago. My father gave up using it, plonked it in his shed, and I took over his lawn mowing using a little electric job.

Now I have three front and three back lawns to mow. It can be hard going with a manual rotary mower so the Atco with its drive seemed worth getting going again.

A local agricultural machine repair chap got is started for me (as he was an ex pupil of mine I got it done for a good price too!). Now that the lawns have had a couple of first cuts with the rotary mower (puff, push, puff) I'm really looking forward to trundling up and down with the Atco. It purrs!

Shame my father is no longer around to see it in action again. he would have been delighted.

Next job: search for a user manual.  ::)
Never keep your wish-bone where your back-bone ought to be.

Growster...

« Reply #26 on: May 02, 2015, 05:31 »

xx
Atco mower .

Started by Motivator on Equipment Shed

28 Replies
Last post December 10, 2009, 10:03
by Motivator
xx
Atco clutch .Doughnut.

Started by Motivator on Equipment Shed

4 Replies
Last post May 13, 2013, 17:25
by Motivator
xx
atco lawnmowers, where can i get bits from ?

Started by new_2_veg on Equipment Shed

9 Replies
Last post September 08, 2007, 23:16
by muntjac
clip
atco merry tilley

Started by derekmc on Equipment Shed

2 Replies
Last post January 28, 2015, 01:38
by derekmc

Page created in 0.161 seconds with 39 queries.