1 year and 4 months later ....

• 8 Replies

mrs bouquet

1 year and 4 months later ....
« on: May 15, 2019, 21:36 »
I have just lost the second sale on my mum's house  :mad:  This offer was made  end January, only 2 in the chain, and it has dragged on and on.   It seems the first link, a Chinese couple with 2 restaurant, were finally turned down for their mortgage.   The people who want Mum's are as gutted as me, and are also promptly re-marketing.  What a waste of time and money.
Today, I have been in there digging 12" high thistles, bindweed and every other weed from the side passageway.   I have bought a heavy-duty matting, and more Roundup (not to be used together) and I shall put the matting down with a few bricks either side to hold in place.
I am so tired of it, yesterday, I spent the entire morning doing her gas/electric/water/rates bills etc.   It is such hardwork doing it on my own and with my money  :lol:   
Anyway, tomorrow a different hat, off to one of the big supermarkets to spend a few hours promoting the Hospice "Ladies Midnight Walk"   Better to put the time to another cause, and raise some much needed funds for them.  Night all,  Mrs Bouquet
« Last Edit: May 15, 2019, 21:38 by mrs bouquet »
Birds in cages do not sing  -  They are crying.

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
Re: 1 year and 4 months later ....
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2019, 22:02 »
It gets really frustrating when it drags n and on, I know :(
Good luck for a quick sale next time!

Growster...

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2019, 22:07 »
You're a Saint, Mrs B!

We're here for you all the way,so just keep going!

Worthing thrives on good souls like you and you'll be high on the list when you may want someone to look out for you!

mrs bouquet

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2019, 10:35 »
Thank you for your nice replies, they are comforting.    Third time lucky, maybe  :D
I don't know about being a Saint though - I have my moments   :lol:  Mrs Bouquet

Goosegirl

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2019, 13:17 »
Don't we all Mrs B, don't we all! Maybe helping to raise funds for the hospice will bring a nicer perspective for you to think about, because your help is like a pillow for those who are in need of somewhere to rest their weary heads. If Mr G and I have anything to do with it all will be well in the fulness of time.  ;)
I work very hard so don't expect me to think as well.

Growster...

« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2019, 17:56 »
Thank you for your nice replies, they are comforting.    Third time lucky, maybe  :D
I don't know about being a Saint though - I have my moments   :lol:  Mrs Bouquet

Can you pop a film in the post please Mrs B?

Preferably a DVD but a VHS could still work if I can find the right cables..;0)

mrs bouquet

« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2019, 22:00 »
Oohh, you'd be fwightened.   :lol: :lol: :lol:  Mrs B

snowdrops

« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2019, 07:04 »
Bad luck Mrs B, what a blow & a nuisance that you need to carry on with all the maintenance, when we sold my mother’s bungalow 3 years ago & mother in laws 2 years ago we were very fortunate that it was all plain sailing. My sympathies are with you as it’s a horrible situation to be in. Do the buyers still want it or have you put it back on the market?
A woman's place is in her garden.

See my diary pages here
and add a comment here

mrs bouquet

« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2019, 11:05 »
The buyers still want it, and so are now remarketing their own.  Mine has gone back on the market with 2 agents.   As we speak, a couple are looking round now. ( I already know I don't want them next to me)  A lot of the problem is of my own making.   As I live next door, and am not planning to move, I feel very particular about who buys it.   I really don't want a couple of children playing in the drives outside my kitchen window, nor do I want a motor-home or caravan parked outside my kitchen window.   Whilst I love dogs, have bred, shown and been a dog host for many years, I don't want a doggie, who is left alone and barks or yaps its head off.     Ideally, I would prefer to have enough money to not have any neighbours, and just pay to have it maintained etc.   :lol: :lol: :lol:  Oh, I wish.
But, if wishes were horses then beggar would ride  !!    :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:, laughter trails off into the sunset.      Mrs Bouquet

xx
39 years and 9 months later...

Started by Kleftiwallah on Chatting on the Plot

7 Replies
Last post October 22, 2018, 15:11
by Kleftiwallah
xx
What a year

Started by Eblana on Chatting on the Plot

5 Replies
Last post October 29, 2018, 18:05
by rowlandwells
xx
A better new year

Started by mrs bouquet on Chatting on the Plot

7 Replies
Last post December 28, 2023, 07:01
by GraciesGran
xx
A happy New Year to you all.

Started by Goosegirl on Chatting on the Plot

13 Replies
Last post January 02, 2024, 15:22
by JayG

Page created in 0.138 seconds with 49 queries.