Question- fussy eaters

• 2 Replies

shiatsusu

Question- fussy eaters
« on: March 02, 2009, 13:06 »
My chooks refuse to eat kitchen scraps/ greens and prefer carbs! So I have a pot of mixed chopped veg cooking on the stove as i type and was wondering whether they'll be more likely to eat them cooked, and if so mushy or slightly crispy? Anybody else got any experience of this? Their plot is bark chips and I can't always let them out into the garden on a daily basis so I'm worried about them getting their share of the green stuff.  :)

Debz

Re: Question- fussy eaters
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2009, 13:24 »
My girls also live on bark chips and can only get out on the weekend when I am there to supervise.  I cook a pot of scraps every morning for my girls and they love them.  I suspect they are quite well cooked becuase I leave them to boil while I am making the packed lunches for my husband and myself.  It is usually only vegetable bits occasionally there will be a bit of fish in it too.  They also get their layers pellets in the morning in a different dish. 

shiatsusu

Re: Question- fussy eaters
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2009, 15:09 »
Thanks for that Debz- they ended up quite mushy thanks to an appointment arriving early and the girls have gobbled them down so that's obviously the answer. Even more reason for HTB to believe I'm ruled by my chooks- cooking lunch for them!!  :lol:

xx
Fussy Eaters

Started by Lardman on The Hen House

2 Replies
Last post September 15, 2008, 22:15
by SnooziSuzi
xx
fussy eaters!

Started by Nats on The Hen House

8 Replies
Last post June 26, 2008, 13:16
by blossom1044
xx
Egg eaters

Started by SusieB on The Hen House

4 Replies
Last post July 29, 2014, 20:34
by grinling
xx
Egg eaters !

Started by barneyowl on The Hen House

5 Replies
Last post May 24, 2008, 22:59
by barneyowl

Page created in 0.209 seconds with 38 queries.