Why does it take so long?

• 1 Replies

Eristic

• Experienced Member
    • http://downtheplot.com/index.php
« on: May 27, 2006, 17:46 »
Yesterday I managed to get to the plot nice and early with the intention of mowing the grass, planting some tomatoes, sowing some carrot and forking over between the raspberries on my new plot. Easy!

Started the mower and this imediately brought out Ron from under his rhubarb. As he seems to have spent most of his 83 years on the site I had to spend some time in dentistry mode extracting information.

A couple more stripes on the path then the new bee-keepers association arrived to set up the apiary beyond the trees.

The moment they left me, I was greeted by the anti-beekeepers lobby woefully pointing out that my neat rows of cornflowers, verbena bonariensis and comfrey are going to get covered in bees.

Well! They took a bit of persuading but eventually left just as the Irish contingent called in to investigate the rumours that I was going to grow bigger rhubarb than Ron. (Yes, well I had forgotten about the 75 ltr tub with a Gunnera in it).

So I ask you. Why does it take 4 hours to cut the grass?

John

• Administrator
    • Low Cost Living
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2006, 00:11 »
Love it :)
Half the fun of the allotment is chatting on the plot - hence the title of these forums - but it does slow you down.

My problem is this web site - I thought I'd just tweak something while I was waiting for the Bermuda thing to start on the telly.. so here we are after midnight and I've just done.
Check out our books - ideal presents

John and Val Harrison's Books

xx
how long

Started by lightyears on Grow Your Own

8 Replies
Last post May 31, 2008, 21:47
by lightyears
xx
It won't be long now!

Started by mumsy on Grow Your Own

12 Replies
Last post January 01, 2009, 23:17
by unaspenser
xx
how long would it take

Started by rem858 on Grow Your Own

2 Replies
Last post December 06, 2010, 15:17
by Kleftiwallah
xx
how long.....

Started by celtbhoy on Grow Your Own

5 Replies
Last post August 17, 2007, 08:46
by Noah'strolly

Page created in 0.354 seconds with 38 queries.