That's my dog...........

• 50 Replies

wighty

Re: That's my dog...........
« Reply #30 on: February 04, 2010, 20:51 »
Og so sorry Rom, had to do it myself a few times, really hard but deep down it's the best decision that you can make.  You know when the time is right.

karlooben

« Reply #31 on: February 05, 2010, 17:26 »
rom i am sending you the biggest hugs from me as well  HUGGGGGGGGGGGGGGSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS . i  like many of us know only to well what u are going though but the one thing to remember is and it helps me ' they have gone in body but never in soul ' and that soul is forever inside us .

when a certian dogs home destroyed my very healthy puppy i could of sued them but i didnt but not long after i heard a  song which i dedicate to my little boy christina aguilera's song   HURT .  i can play it over and over again and it helps bring back all the fond memories .
"Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened."

too many girls

« Reply #32 on: February 05, 2010, 17:43 »
      Tribute to Casper

My memories of you Casper
they'll live on and on
but my life will never be the same
now that your gone

RIP Casper the friendly dog

janet12000

« Reply #33 on: February 05, 2010, 17:56 »
what a beautiful pic...... xxxx

Rubellite

« Reply #34 on: February 05, 2010, 17:57 »
 :)

janet12000

« Reply #35 on: February 05, 2010, 17:57 »
and a beautiful poem.  xxxx

too many girls

« Reply #36 on: February 05, 2010, 18:13 »
sleeping on the floor was unheard of for Casper :) he's a big dog but he could squeeze himself into the smallest chair (if it was the only one available) i've seen him spend ages trying to get comfy on a computer stool  ::) when the cold weather comes the cats gravitate to him for warmth, he was never bothered when they curled up with him, but...................if they tried to pinch his food they were quite likely to get their heads bitten off, he'd growl a warning at them and if they didn't listen, snap at them, they soon got the message :lol:

birmancats

• Experienced Member
  • RIP Toffee
« Reply #37 on: February 05, 2010, 18:16 »
Oh TMG I'm so sorry.  In floods of tears now after reading those poems.  He looks beautiful in those photos

Foxy

« Reply #38 on: February 05, 2010, 18:25 »
wonderful photo, what a gentleman he was! :) oh dear....welling up again...

too many girls

« Reply #39 on: February 05, 2010, 18:36 »
i knew he didn't have long, i composed myself (and kept composed) the whole time at the vets, i spent a few minutes with him in the car after everyone had gone to bed, i thought i'd held myself up rather well,
what i never realised would be just how much i would miss him, i can't get my head round the fact he's not here anymore, last night i asked Pip "have you fed Casper?" (Casper has on numerous occasions been fed twice, once by me and then again by Pip not realising i'd already done it, and being the ever greedy dog wouldn't refuse second tea) when i'm going to let the chooks out i go to get him and then when i see the sofa empty i remember he's gone, i miss him so very much :(

janet12000

« Reply #40 on: February 05, 2010, 18:42 »
sleeping on the floor was unheard of for Casper :) he's a big dog but he could squeeze himself into the smallest chair (if it was the only one available) i've seen him spend ages trying to get comfy on a computer stool  ::) when the cold weather comes the cats gravitate to him for warmth, he was never bothered when they curled up with him, but...................if they tried to pinch his food they were quite likely to get their heads bitten off, he'd growl a warning at them and if they didn't listen, snap at them, they soon got the message :lol:
It must be a greyhound thing. Bea spends a good quarter of an hour trying to curl herself up at the bottom of my bed each night (despite having a duvet to herself under my bed).
She curls herself up, but by the morning she's taking up most of the bed with her big dangly legs.  :)

too many girls

« Reply #41 on: February 05, 2010, 18:53 »
Casper knew he wasn't really allowed to sleep on my bed, he'd put his front paws on and wriggle the rest of his body on, he always gave himself away when he flopped  :) the whole bed would shake :D

Parsnip

« Reply #42 on: February 05, 2010, 19:11 »
I haven't been able to read the tributes, I start to well up each time...  :(

I love the picture with the kitten... :wub:

"Best friends" :D

janet12000

« Reply #43 on: February 05, 2010, 19:13 »
Bea knows full bl**dy well she should not sleep on my bed. (she still does though)  :)
Always makes me laugh when I pop home in the day to let her out. She is usually comatose on my bed.  :D
As for the cats.....well!!!!!!!!!

Tis no wonder I am single.  :D :D :D

Parsnip

« Reply #44 on: February 05, 2010, 19:18 »
Surely you know we just borrow the bed ::) :lol:

Page created in 0.128 seconds with 38 queries.