Ready stuffed - they will be

• 10 Replies

Livinhope

Ready stuffed - they will be
« on: July 08, 2010, 18:59 »
Does anyone want three ready stuffed chickens, I put a pot of parsley,I thought, far enough away from their run.  The little blighters stuck their necks through the wire and ate the lot. :mad: :mad: :mad:

New shoot

• Global Moderator
Re: Ready stuffed - they will be
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2010, 21:09 »
Probably because it was a challenge  ::)  Mine roam around the back garden periodically and never touch the parsley. 

They have however, totally destructed my Astrantia.  Ate the leaves, dug most of the roots up, then pooed all over it for good measure  :mad:  One plant out of a whole border and the whole lot of little hooligans decended on it  ::)

Livinhope

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2010, 11:16 »
Funny things chickens, we only have three but when they are on a mission they are like an advancing army.

Henlady

• Experienced Member
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2010, 13:15 »
Mine have discovered the duck weed in our pond and will stand at the edge with their feet just in the water to get at it and if I fish it out and leave it on the side they go mad for it. 

The first time they discovered it I had put it in a waste bag and I found them trying to get in it to get to the duck weed.

New shoot

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2010, 17:58 »
Been there  :lol:  I can't leave mine unattended when they are out or they head for the pond, then it's splash, squark, bedlam as the clumsy little effalumps get greedy and stretch too far out  ::)

I fish it out and chuck it in the run every so often to their total delight.  It is usually full of watery creepy crawlies as well, so mine eat them then eat the duckweed  :lol:

grumpydad

« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2010, 19:09 »
they have eaten all the parsley, chives, fennell, and have now started on the mint, well seasoned , they will be,

TeaPots

« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2010, 19:43 »
my alpine bed is now their dust bath!   :mad: but i get more pleasure watching them bathe than i ever did from the alpines  :lol:

Livinhope

« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2010, 09:24 »
they have eaten all the parsley, chives, fennell, and have now started on the mint, well seasoned , they will be,

This could be a moneymaker ........ pre-seasoned chicken, no need for stuffing ::) ::) ::)

New shoot

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2010, 20:48 »
I chucked mine some parsley today (I've overdone it a bit with it this year) and they looked at me as if I was mad.

Then I let them out for a run while I cleaned them out and they attacked the Astrantia again  :mad:  I reckon it be dead now if it wasn't before  ::)

Livinhope

« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2010, 21:44 »
We're mad, all mad, to allow ourselves to be taken over by these feathered fiends.  This is what animal farm must be like. :ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy:

otis pony

• Experienced Member
« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2010, 22:37 »
I had a stone sink with herbs in by the back door, handy for the kitchen, the girls left it alone for weeks until one day......................now its their dust bath!  ::)
...............happiness is wanting what you have, not having what you want.................

xx
Getting ready to Pip

Started by gsc on Chicken Chat

23 Replies
Last post June 24, 2010, 18:47
by gsc
xx
Getting ready for WW9000

Started by Aidy on Chicken Chat

3 Replies
Last post March 04, 2018, 18:53
by Aidy
xx
Nearly ready for my first chickens!

Started by Judd on Chicken Chat

6 Replies
Last post February 22, 2012, 09:28
by Judd
xx
Never a camera at the ready

Started by splash101 on Chicken Chat

4 Replies
Last post September 09, 2013, 08:28
by 8doubles

Page created in 0.148 seconds with 40 queries.