look at those tyres

• 7 Replies

rowlandwells

look at those tyres
« on: May 07, 2021, 08:38 »
we use our trailer quite a lot to ferry things down the allotments plants rotavator tools you name we take it so the other day was no exception as we where talking to a fellow gardener down the allotments he said look at those tyres on your trailer

on close inspection they where cracking inside the tread and on the outside of the tyre wall  :ohmy: two bad tyres possibly 6 points on my driving licence + a fine so two new trailer tyres and £126 quid later we are now legal good job that chap noticed them but i have blame myself for not checking them earlier

then  low and behold the the back silencer dropped of the car when we ran over a pot hole so a good couple of costly days  :(

mrs bouquet

Re: look at those tyres
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2021, 11:37 »
It's always something, at least the tyres are legal, not sure about the exhaust though, boy racer comes to mind,  Mrs Bouquet :D
Birds in cages do not sing  -  They are crying.

jezza

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2021, 12:06 »
Hello what size tyre were they, I recently put 4 on my van for £180 including vat ,balancing and a new valve  I ve just put 2 new tyres on a mower 480/400×8 for £44 the pair ,the pot hole put a sign up saying pothole tours 10am till 4 donations to charity,the council dont like those signs and will fill it in to preserve it for later use    jezza

rowlandwells

« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2021, 10:32 »
according to my tyre chap who does all our tyres the tyres he fitted where trailer tyres able to stand weight i suppose I could have shopped around for cheaper but the last thing i need would be to have a blow out when going somewhere or coming home and the tyres do have trailer tyres  stamped on them ? I cant really moan the old tyres  have been on there for at least 20 years

and yes Mrs B I did sound like a boy racer but  my local garage man fitted a new exhaust yesterday for us so what's going to tip the bank balance next i ask myself  ;)

Christine

« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2021, 18:28 »
Well it will be fewer outings to places as lockdown lifts - the pub will have to wait.  ;)

DanielCoffey

« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2021, 10:02 »
Do folks need to take a trailer to the pub? Is that so the designated driver can haul more mates back home?

"Here's Fred's house... just roll him off please lads... lads? Oh heck, I left the tailgate down. Where are they now?"

mrs bouquet

« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2021, 12:38 »
Do folks need to take a trailer to the pub? Is that so the designated driver can haul more mates back home?

"Here's Fred's house... just roll him off please lads... lads? Oh heck, I left the tailgate down. Where are they now?"

That reminds of when we went to Cornwall in our 2 Seater 1929 Riley with a dickie seat in the back.   A friend had his left his Bullnose Morris back at the B&B.    I was angry because it started raining and the boys were in the front with the hood up.    Going up a steep hill, I crawled forward into the foot space, and when they looked back through the little window they couldn't see me.     They stopped, thinking I had fallen out.  I just stayed there until they they walked down the lane a bit.  Then they came back to the car and I sprung out with a loud shriek.     They didn't do that to me again  !!!!!   (we were all about 18 years old at the time)      Mrs Bouquet

rowlandwells

« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2021, 18:42 »
we never ever take the car let alone the trailer to any pub our the ones that roll out the pub usually  have a lift in a police taxi that can be a bit costly  :D our trailer is used both on the car and on the tractor so it was  money well spent for us to keep the trailer on the road  ;)

Page created in 0.138 seconds with 47 queries.