I am asking for help

• 3 Replies

Oliveview

I am asking for help
« on: October 30, 2012, 16:25 »
I have been asked to find out names of  rescue places who find homes for dogs abroad- I am having trouble finding places in Europe and not in the USA, that is just a bit too far to travel to re-home dogs.
The homes are for the dogs in our refuge  the facebook page:  Asociación de Defensa Animal de Marchena ¨Adam¨
Can anyone help me with researching for help in re-homing our dog abroad in the UK or Holland/Denmark etc

Our dogs will be so grateful

Pamela

tosca100

• New start, new life in BG
Re: I am asking for help
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2012, 18:15 »
I wish you luck in your quest. Unfortunately the rescue/rehoming centres in the UK are full to bursting this year, and some are having to resort to euthanasia for any animal who's future is at all doubtful. I know of one rescue who used to bring dogs over from Ireland who have had to stop for all but the most desperate cases, there are just so many waiting to come in on home ground. Terribly sad. No doubt other countries are having the same problem in this recession.

Sorry to be negative. :(

joyfull

• Monarch Engineering Ltd
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2012, 18:50 »
the rescue centre that my dogs came from (they never have a healthy dog put down) still do take in dogs from Ireland - some weeks they have to travel from Nottinghamshire down to Bristol 3 times to collect dogs, but because they do this I don't think they could take any of our dogs Pamela. Also how would the dogs get here? Would they all be passported which they would need to be. The flight would also be very expensive.
Staffies are softer than you think.

Oliveview

« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2012, 19:52 »
I know there are rescue places in Norway- I have emailed a couple and are waiting to hear.  They like Galgo dogs- they are like greyhounds, but with a different shaped head it seems- they look the same to me!   :lol:
In the refuge in Morón they have almost 200 dogs, we have around 55, another I know has just under 100 and another around 70  I dread to think how many abandoned dogs there are in the whole of Andalucia, it must be many thousands  :ohmy:

Spanish do not believe in sterilising their females, let alone the males.  The dogs would be pet passported to leave- all the dogs are given jabs and worm tablets at the refuge, they are not microchipped though- only when they have a place to go do they get chipped.

We are trying to get the dogs sterilised, we have started on the ´strong´ males, a female was done this week too (she turned up on a volunteers doorstep in season, so she took her straight to the vet and had her done, the poor thing was just pregnant, so caught just in time. 
 We are seeing lovely pedigree dogs abandoned too, we have a beautiful Bretagne (?) Spaniel, another type of Spaniel(she is small)  we had the Bulldog (he has a new home) there is the Pit-Bull (he is young and was chucked over the fence, his ears have been hacked off) He is so sweet.  We have 4 Mastin dogs, they are BIG dogs.  2 are crossed with German Shepherds (one is being castrated this week as he is getting too powerful)  Then there is the Podenco dogs, they are small(ish) hunting dogs- if they are not up to the job they are either shot, abandoned or even hung from a tree!

Tonight one of the volunteers were on their way home and found a Galgo dog at the side of the road badly injured, so took it to the vet- we are waiting to see how the poor thing is.
Fingers crossed he will be ok and we can re-home him, unless he is stolen from our kennel, that often happens with Galgo´s and other hunting dogs :mad:

Pamela 

Page created in 0.138 seconds with 34 queries.