New to this forum? Not sure how to do things? Check out the help

Hello again

• 5 Replies

Eblana

Hello again
« on: November 10, 2019, 15:49 »
Hi all I haven't been around for a while.  I have had a very busy year.  Earlier this year a lovely 'doer upper' with a large garden on a road that both myself and my OH always loved came up for sale (it was a road that we never dreamt we would ever be able to afford to live on, but because it needed extensive renovation it was within reach).  We had a bit of a rush of blood to the head and put our house up for sale the following week.  Ours sold within two weeks and we had our offer accepted.  My buyer was a cash buyer and was in a hurry to get in so I went from not even thinking of moving to being in a new house in just shy of 9 weeks 😂😂.  Two weeks after moving in we went on holidays (the holiday had been booked prior to us deciding to move).  My allotment has been a godsend during this time, I took cuttings etc from the plants in my old house and they are all up in the allotment.  Much to my surprise despite the fact that I have been up to my eyes my allotment has been quite productive this year.  The first phase of the renovations were completed on Friday so I can now turn my attention to the garden (can't wait to get going at it).  I also should have some more time (and internet access) to come back here.

image.jpg
« Last Edit: November 10, 2019, 15:51 by Eblana »

snowdrops

Re: Hello again
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2019, 19:01 »
Hi there again, how exciting is that, 9 weeks is amazing, here you’re lucky if you can do it in 6 months!
A woman's place is in her garden.

See my diary pages here
and add a comment here

Fairy Plotmother

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2019, 19:18 »
Nice to hear from you again. 👋🏻

Plot 1 Problems

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2019, 19:43 »
Congratulations on the move!

New shoot

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2019, 20:34 »
Hi and welcome back Eblana  :)  It sounds like a mad year, but well worth that rush of blood to the head.  A new house on your dream road in just a few weeks.  That is a result, especially now you have completed the renovations you need to for now  :D

The garden does look lovely.  What a great project to have  :)  So spill the beans .. what are the plans ... you know how nosy we are  :lol:

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2019, 08:48 »
Welcome back and congrats on getting the move sorted so quickly. Just shows that it can be done if the solicitors/surveyors put their minds to it.

Page created in 0.148 seconds with 40 queries.