weather

• 24 Replies

John

• Administrator
    • Low Cost Living
weather
« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2006, 22:44 »
Hi Comic
You are welcome to use the Album facility on these forums, you know. Just look  at the box at the top left of the page on the forums..
Must find a way to make that more noticeable.
Rained here this morning - yesterday I gave up trying to plant as the holes just filled with water!
Check out our books - ideal presents

John and Val Harrison's Books

Phoenix

• Experienced Member
weather
« Reply #16 on: May 27, 2006, 06:47 »
its foggy wet and horrible here 2day :) not stopping me planting out more peas tho lol
Like War games then click on the link below - goto forum and ask for me (Black_Stalion)
Ambroid Online Multiplayer War Game

Celtic Eagle

• The Eagle's Nest
weather
« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2006, 09:06 »
I'm fed up with the weather as well nice and sunny when I'm at work then rain and I've got a new toy to try out as well. Bought a strimmer to clear the nettles and what do we get rain rain and more rain

:x
Blessed Be
Celtic Eagle

Everything grows green for a Celt

Mostly organic 'cept weedkiller and slugs

noshed

weather
« Reply #18 on: May 27, 2006, 14:48 »
Yes it's raining here again. I suppose it does fill up the butts for a long, hot summer...
Self-sufficient in rasberries and bindweed. Slug pellets can be handy.

comic_muse

weather
« Reply #19 on: May 27, 2006, 15:46 »
Well, the early bird approach paid off this morning....having put the bean canes up last night after that dry day, I planted the runner plants out from & the Sweet Peas by Dog Walking time of 9am.....started raining whilst we were out.....didn't stop until after 2.  Just been down to get some salad for lunch & the paths are under water  !!
Sweet Corn will have to wait !!
......straight lines are for tidy minded people.....

Gwiz

weather
« Reply #20 on: May 27, 2006, 16:49 »
constant rain in addlestone, getting on my wick. rumours of fine weather on the morrow.... we shall see. :roll:

Oliveview

weather
« Reply #21 on: May 27, 2006, 17:01 »
Just got roasting sun here.  It is boring honestly getting sun all the time, I am actually pleased when we wake up to a cloudy sky in the summer.  The flowers will soon be past, the geraniums on the patio in tubs have been really great this year. Wish I could keep them in flower right through the hot spell.  Just wish I knew for sure the house sale was going through so I could really get planning as to what I am going to plant in my hopefully new garden :(

SweetPea

• Experienced Member
weather
« Reply #22 on: May 27, 2006, 18:02 »
It's not been too bad here today - some light showers this morning but dry for the afternoon.  I felt much better this morning so I managed to get out and do some weeding, get the compost bin in place etc.  We have hundreds (well, alright, ten) large tubs / planters left by the previous owners that have run to weed, so I had a go at clearing some of those out too!  I'd like to move the lettuces up into them - they don't seem to like the fine sandy soil we have in the main beds very much :(

mellowmick

• Experienced Member
weather
« Reply #23 on: May 30, 2006, 09:09 »
For the past fortnight, we've had mostly sun with occasional heavy showers (always at twenty past five, just as I'm arriving after work for an hour on the plot before going home), but the constant factor has been high winds from the north or east. It has really taught me the importance of hardening plants before planting them out, as I've lost at least three cauliflowers, one or two of my other brassicas and a marrow.  :cry:

Debz and Jon

weather
« Reply #24 on: May 30, 2006, 20:27 »
Where oh where is the sun! Just spoke to my parents (they live in Greece) - they have just had courgettes, tomatoes, garlic and potatoes from their veggie patch!!! Thanks Dad  :( It is like the middle of winter here, gale force winds, torrential rain and no end in sight! At least we got some spinach and a few raddish from our plot!  :lol:

xx
Weather

Started by BostonInbred on Grow Your Own

5 Replies
Last post March 20, 2010, 20:08
by Missy1970
xx
weather

Started by alancas on Grow Your Own

13 Replies
Last post July 16, 2012, 12:10
by Amilo
xx
The Weather.....

Started by Mark's Sussex Allotment on Grow Your Own

7 Replies
Last post March 23, 2013, 22:49
by GrannieAnnie
xx
weather or not?

Started by Robin Redbreast on Grow Your Own

6 Replies
Last post October 13, 2008, 12:16
by DIGGER

Page created in 0.368 seconds with 38 queries.