What's for tea 2019?

• 745 Replies

Lardman

Re: What's for tea 2019?
« Reply #630 on: November 23, 2019, 10:27 »
Couldn't think of (or be bothered to do) anything exciting with the whole chicken I bought yesterday so I've dropped it in the slowcooker for a roast chicken dinner.

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #631 on: November 23, 2019, 13:55 »
For tea - Basa fillet in lemon/pepper breadcrumbs with peas and wedges. I think there's a little coleslaw to use up as well.

WeavingGryphon

« Reply #632 on: November 23, 2019, 15:32 »
For tea - Basa fillet in lemon/pepper breadcrumbs with peas and wedges.

I don't know how you do it but I almost always fancy your dinner.

This lot are having left over lamb cooked with a little ginger in apple butter with mashed potatoes and French beans.

New shoot

• Global Moderator
« Reply #633 on: November 23, 2019, 20:02 »
Roasted squash filled with rice, veg and cheese stuffing, plus green veg on the side  :)

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #634 on: November 24, 2019, 09:27 »
Roasted squash filled with rice, veg and cheese stuffing, plus green veg on the side  :)
Mmm, tasty - I think I'll copy that today, I haven't taken anything out of the freezer yet, so it makes sense  :D

New shoot

• Global Moderator
« Reply #635 on: November 24, 2019, 20:24 »
Chicken curry and rice tonight.  I had no time for a roast dinner to cook, so it got thrown together very quickly with a bought sauce.  It was nice anyway  :)

Plot 1 Problems

• Global Moderator
« Reply #636 on: November 24, 2019, 20:48 »
The household lurgy has worsened and the cupboards are bare so we ordered in pizza. Once we've recovered I doubt we'll have takeaway for months...

snowdrops

« Reply #637 on: November 24, 2019, 21:18 »
Roast chicken & potatoes with hg r.parsnips,swede & carrot mash +potato mash,cauliflower,broccoli,peas,sprouts. Yorkshire puds,gravy & very nice it was too, compliments all round & enough left for tomorrow for the lodgers as we are escaping for 3 nights.
A woman's place is in her garden.

See my diary pages here
and add a comment here

WeavingGryphon

« Reply #638 on: November 24, 2019, 21:27 »
Beef stir fry with noodles. Carrots, French beans broccoli and mushrooms were the veg. Guess who has buried most of the frozen veg and is stuck with French beans or sprouts until she remembers where the peas, sweetcorn are and can get down to the cauliflower.

Followed by mini apple butter pielets or a slice of a pumpkin pie or apple tart which are currently cooking.

Taking the number of future pumpkin pies in jam jars to 25.5.

Lardman

« Reply #639 on: November 25, 2019, 08:33 »
The household lurgy has worsened and the cupboards are bare..

This years flu is a really stinker, probably the worst I can remember. I'm still suffering and it's been 3 weeks, never mind the 3 days coming, 3 days here and 3 days going nonsense.  Hunker down and remember to feed a cold  ;) 

You could feed it some of the chicken I did yesterday which I'm going to have to have again today. Can't say I'm really a fan of roast chicken, it's just boring.

WeavingGryphon

« Reply #640 on: November 25, 2019, 13:11 »
The household lurgy has worsened and the cupboards are bare so we ordered in pizza. Once we've recovered I doubt we'll have takeaway for months...

Online order? Make some soup? Or get a chicken to put in the slow cooker like LardMan?

Me being me after getting better from the last time both adults weren't great I made up a pile of "ming dinners". For when you are full of the ming. It's just a batch made meal, I joint a chicken or portion up whatever I've got in, add cooked onion, sauce/herbs/spices and freeze in portion sizes. So all that needs done is them taken out of the freezer, defrost in the slow cooker bowl and then put on to cook at the correct time.
I do it if I see things cheap on the yellow label and I have freezer space. A chicken takes up less space when jointed in sauce in a carry out style tub than when whole. it's also easier to fit in. Same if I make too much of something or if it's a recipe that doesn't divide down well-like pulled pork. Sometimes I cook loads of onions and freeze that in portions too so a meal is faster made.

Based on seeing this website
https://whoneedsacape.com/2012/11/crockpot-freezer-cooking/

Modify to add, I used her idea and tips, but not necessarily her recipes. I make my own sauces from scratch and pre cook onions before putting into the freezer.

Tonight this lot are having "mince and tatties" or mince in gravy with potatoes for those that don't speak Doric. Or annoying foreigners as the Husband calls me. Why do I cook for him?  ???
« Last Edit: November 25, 2019, 13:14 by WeavingGryphon »

WeavingGryphon

« Reply #641 on: November 26, 2019, 21:19 »
Woo, spot the thread killer. Sorry  :(

My lot had sausages or sea bass for tea in parsley sauce with pasta, mushrooms, carrots and peas.

Lardman

« Reply #642 on: November 26, 2019, 21:52 »
It's difficult to get excited about yet more chicken.  :blush:

New shoot

• Global Moderator
« Reply #643 on: November 27, 2019, 11:34 »
It's difficult to get excited about yet more chicken.  :blush:

Curry it - spices are nearly as good as cheese for making everything better  :D

Long shift yesterday lunking stock round.  Was a tad weary when I got in, so we had pie and chips bought from work on the way out and plot veg from the freezer that was no more work than tip it into boiling water and wait a bit  :lol:

mrs bouquet

« Reply #644 on: November 27, 2019, 11:39 »
Something in a bag from freezer, looks  like it is probably a beef casserole, probably in beer.   The label has smudged and all I can read is 2018 !     Non-peel potatoes, green beans, fresh carrots.
Birds in cages do not sing  -  They are crying.

xx

Started by rowlandwells on Chatting on the Plot

2 Replies
Last post January 03, 2019, 11:35
by John
xx
Strictly 2019

Started by Tenhens on Chatting on the Plot

10 Replies
Last post October 05, 2019, 11:58
by Tenhens
xx
What's the weather like where you are? - 2019

Started by JayG on Chatting on the Plot

958 Replies
Last post December 31, 2019, 18:59
by wighty
xx
looking back on 2019

Started by rowlandwells on Chatting on the Plot

2 Replies
Last post December 31, 2019, 18:18
by WeavingGryphon

Page created in 0.146 seconds with 54 queries.