Bumble Bee Problem??

• 3 Replies

Jae Dawn

Bumble Bee Problem??
« on: April 17, 2012, 14:33 »
Hi,

I asked last year about this same issue and was told that they would leave at the end of the year and they wouldn't come back.  Well their back  :(

I am pretty sure I have a nest somewhere in my garage I keep seeing a beautiful big furry bumble bee going under the door to my garage and disappear.  I am suppose to move on the 30th of this month and have a freezer and dryer in the garage and I am pretty sure they are in one of these items.  I really don't want to kill them but not sure exactly what to do. 

Anyone out there have any ideas???

Thanks ...
Jae Dawn

Trillium

Re: Bumble Bee Problem??
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2012, 15:52 »
As soon as you can, find exactly where they're nesting. It's usually just one queen (that also goes out to forage) and some workers. Nests are rarely huge like honeybees.

When you know where the nest is, then wait until they're all out and carefully pull out the nest and dispose of it. Close up the area that the nest was in.

You know the nest is in the garage and how they get in, so you'll need to make some repairs to the bottom of the garage door so they can't keep returning. Do the repair before taking away the nest. The queen will find another spot and start again.

Jae Dawn

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2012, 17:35 »
Well I'm actually moving.  I will advise my buyer of the situation.  But thank you so much for that info!  I will try to keep my eye out for them to leave and then try to find the nest. In the next few weeks we are taking everything out of the garage to put in storage anyway so I need to find it so that they aren't stuck in a storage unit for weeks on end.  Guessing they wouldn't live long there.  Would hate it if they died!

Kate and her Ducks

« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2012, 22:24 »
I would completely ignore them and be happy that endangered animals are nesting near me!
Be like a duck. Calm on the surface but always paddling like the dickens underneath.

xx
Bumble bees in the compost bin

Started by Debz on Pets without Feathers

10 Replies
Last post June 09, 2011, 11:58
by Robster
xx
Bumble bee "Hive"

Started by Ruby Red on Pets without Feathers

12 Replies
Last post April 18, 2011, 17:27
by Babstreefern
question
Cat problem :(

Started by mumofstig on Pets without Feathers

8 Replies
Last post June 16, 2019, 14:42
by snowdrops
xx
Cat with a gum problem

Started by John on Pets without Feathers

8 Replies
Last post December 05, 2009, 12:41
by John

Page created in 0.174 seconds with 38 queries.