Eggs in incubator....

• 113 Replies

symonep

• Experienced Member
Re: Eggs in incubator....
« Reply #105 on: November 22, 2012, 19:13 »
They are 14 weeks old now, time has flown by.
I have no idea what breed the white one is but she sounds like a duck!!

Last night when i got home she was making a strange noise like she was sobbing. when i investigated the bantam was still sitting on a pole in the dark, the white one was telling him to come to bed, he looked a bit sorry for himself, his tail feathers were down and he just didnt look right, i noticed that in the wind some insulation had blown lext to the coop and he must have eaten masses of it  :blink:, i was expecting him to be dead this morning but thankfully he was ok, must just have had horrible tummy ache!!

it has to be a he, his tail feathers remind me of a dolphins tail!

not very good photos but i wonder if you agree that the white one is a she. she has really long legs and looks like she is wearing bloomers!
Gained an allotment on the 19th June 08, 135ft by 40ft! eekk. Finally after 4 years it is looking like an allotment and not a jungle

We have 5 lovely hens in the garden, fish, 2 dogs and 2 canaries

ANHBUC

• "You looking at me?!!!"
« Reply #106 on: November 22, 2012, 19:36 »
If you go by the comb the white one does look like a girl.  Fingers crossed.   ;)

Lovely birds what ever they are, the white one looks a little like a leghorn or perhaps a foghorn if she is making duck noises!!!   ::) :lol: :lol:
Ain't Nobody Here But Us Chickens!
Bagpuss RIP 1992 - June 2012, 1 huge grass carp (RIP "Jaws" July 2001 - December 2011), 4 golden orfe, 1 goldfish and 1 fantail fish (also huge)! plus 4 Italian quail, 1 Japanese quail, 1 Rosetta quail.

symonep

• Experienced Member
« Reply #107 on: November 22, 2012, 20:36 »
In the big girls coop there is a large foghorn leghorn model  :D it was my hubbies!

symonep

• Experienced Member
« Reply #108 on: December 02, 2012, 18:22 »
Is it a boy thing that they prefer to sleep outside instead of in the coop? The chick and the cockerel have taken to sleeping outside but i think it is the cockerel who likes it and the chick (i call her a chick but she must be 15 weeks now!) has to be near him so will sleep outside as well.
None of my other hens have any interest in being outside so just wondered if it was a boy thing?

joyfull

• Monarch Engineering Ltd
« Reply #109 on: December 02, 2012, 18:33 »
I only have hens now and several of those like to sleep outside  :)
Staffies are softer than you think.

ANHBUC

« Reply #110 on: December 02, 2012, 20:44 »
My young bantams loved sleeping outside until I invested in a second hand Eglu classic.  Now they all pile in together and it is really hard to tell how many are in.  I had to separate them tonight just to do a head count!   ::)

symonep

• Experienced Member
« Reply #111 on: December 02, 2012, 22:42 »
They are funny little things, as they were mixing with the big girls and haven't used their own coop for a few weeks we took it down today. They have slept once in the big girls coop and since then slept outside but tonight they have joined them in their coop! I can imagine tomorrow night they will be sleeping outside again!

symonep

• Experienced Member
« Reply #112 on: December 16, 2012, 19:28 »
Well both have gone to a very good home, the little cockerel had just started to crow so couldn't stay with us, he was attached at the hip to the white hen so it was unfair for them to be separated. I also wasn't sure of the white one was a girl or a boy as she actually sounded more like a duck!
My hens spent the morning the next day looking for them which was strange as they did nothing but chase them both!

While it was amazing to hatch eggs I won't be doing it again any time soon! It is expensive, time consuming and worrying   :unsure: but I am so glad I did it.

ANHBUC

« Reply #113 on: December 16, 2012, 21:56 »
Thanks for sharing your experience.   :blink:

xx
eggs in incubator

Started by chelle on The Hen House

7 Replies
Last post July 05, 2007, 20:55
by chicksforkicks
xx
Eggs for Incubator

Started by Prod on The Hen House

2 Replies
Last post August 19, 2015, 10:15
by Prod
xx
Eggs for incubator

Started by Thompson24 on The Hen House

2 Replies
Last post May 17, 2009, 21:35
by meterman
xx
four day old eggs in incubator

Started by littlefeat on The Hen House

2 Replies
Last post October 23, 2007, 11:41
by littlefeat

Page created in 0.428 seconds with 36 queries.