Lucky 13th

• 9 Replies

The Thin Blue Line

• Experienced Member
  • One Forking at a time please.
Lucky 13th
« on: March 06, 2008, 11:34 »
I wondered where I was on the local list so I asked the local lottie boss and I’m now number 13...  I was 20th back in sept 07 so moving at a rate of about 1 a month I will have my lottie some time next year...  :roll:

Still at least I have threeraised beds now down the back of the garden despite the wife’s protestations!

Stevens706

• Experienced Member
Lucky 13th
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2008, 12:33 »
Soon be your turn for a plot, my friend asked about one in St Annes near Blackpool and was told he would be 40th, at least you have space in the garden.

Good Luck!!!
Paul

nipper31

• Experienced Member
Re: Lucky 13th
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2008, 10:42 »
Quote from: "The Thin Blue Line"
I wondered where I was on the local list so I asked the local lottie boss and I’m now number 13...  I was 20th back in sept 07 so moving at a rate of about 1 a month I will have my lottie some time next year...  :roll:

Still at least I have threeraised beds now down the back of the garden despite the wife’s protestations!

You're not gonna believe this but I was number 13 on the list too when I asked for a plot in February 2007  :!:  I got a call from the association mid-September 2007 to say I'd got one  :shock: All the other people in front of me on the list had either moved away, changed their minds or made other arrangements, so I was really lucky to get in in the space of only 7 months...

Wombat

Lucky 13th
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2008, 12:22 »
I have just this week got on to a list at number 7 for a site with around 25 allotments.  Council couldn't say how long it might take.

SpudtheBinx

• Experienced Member
    • dave and becca blog
Lucky 13th
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2008, 13:28 »
Also dont forget there may be a number become vacant all at once come rent time :) There is a plot next to mine that I want and I need to wait untill rent time to find out if it really is vacant or just not being worked.

Cazzy

Lucky 13th
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2008, 15:31 »
I've had my plot for 3 weeks now and the waiting list is around the 2yr mark so you can imagine how shocked I was to discover that there are several plots on the site that are not being used and haven't been for some time.  Its such a shame when there are so many eager ppl like yourself waiting.

I had to settle for a half plot coz its certainly better than no plot but now that the greenhouse is built with just the roof to go on, there isn't a lot of room for growing (granted I went a bit over the score building a 17ft x 7ft greenhouse on a 40ft x 30ft plot) so I now have to put my name back on the list for either an additional half plot or a move to a full sized one.

I hope you get something really soon coz as much as i'm bumping my gums about the politics of my site, it is an amazing adventure and will be well worth the wait.
What if the Hokey Cokey IS what its all about...

The Thin Blue Line

• Experienced Member
  • One Forking at a time please.
Lucky 13th
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2008, 07:05 »
ah im expect as soon as I get my section , it will not be long after they find out what I do, then ill only be bothered about the thefts and damage and no one will bother me about a weed or two....

puravida

• Experienced Member
Lucky 13th
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2008, 07:16 »
I had a good walk around my new site yesterday and there's clearly half a dozen plots that are unused even though the records say I took the last free space.

I just think it is selfish - some people don't consider other too much huh.
Good beer, good BBQ and good friends.

Wildeone

Lucky 13th
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2008, 08:06 »
:(  :(  :( I agree the site nearest me has about 6-7 plots completely unused and chatting to a 'old boy' (he could prob out run me!!! :wink: ) he told me that he has 3 whole plots and that the council wanted him to give some back  :shock:  He'd been working these plots for 20 odd years and are the most beautiful plots ever - one just for roses one for veg and one with a HUGE polytunnel and greenhouse! Now if he's looking after them so well i reckon they should leave him well alone and go after the plots that have about 3 small beds spaced out and covered in weeds  :?  :x  :?
1 x hubby
2 x daughters
3 x chickens
1 x bunny
6 x african snails  . . . . . and counting.

kezlou

Lucky 13th
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2008, 16:05 »
Finally received the application form for an allotment going to send it first class on Monday. When i phoned up the guy said i might have to wait 18 months + for a plot. Even worse much to my horror he said i might be put back even further on the list because i don't live in a council house only  privately rented accommodation.  :x  :x

So unfair considering 90% of council tenants have quite large gardens while i live in a terrace with a tiny patch of mud. about 1/2 metre deep and 30cm wide ridiculous.   :evil:
Who needs a guard-dog when you can have cats for guards!

xx
Greenhouse glass cracked - Friday the 13th strikes !

Started by juebill on Grow Your Own

6 Replies
Last post April 15, 2007, 18:48
by corndolly
xx
Is anyone lucky enough to have a..........

Started by fatbelly on Grow Your Own

10 Replies
Last post September 08, 2010, 19:39
by Lardman
xx
My Turn For A Lucky Day

Started by DD. on Grow Your Own

5 Replies
Last post April 23, 2008, 07:00
by DD.
xx
got lucky with chippings

Started by kellycontina on Grow Your Own

1 Replies
Last post April 22, 2015, 07:44
by boddy

Page created in 0.512 seconds with 38 queries.