Pictures of new chicks

• 6 Replies

carolbriar

Pictures of new chicks
« on: June 19, 2012, 18:34 »
We now have two new chicks hatched Sunday/Monday.  We had welsummer, rhode island red and barnvelder eggs but am not sure what these two are.  I think one is a welsummer, possibly two but am not sure.  They are so cute!  Any thoughts on what they are and perhaps even a guess as to whether they are girls or boys or one of each?  Sadly the broody sat on two chicks :(  Any thoughts on the above would be appreciated.
IMG_0183.JPG
2 Springer Spaniels, 1 Speckled Sussex,  1 Cuckoo Maran, 1 Light Sussex, 1 Welsummer, 2 Barnvelders and 2 silver Pencil Wyandotes.

PaulineM

Re: Pictures of new chicks
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2012, 19:17 »
Hi
Lovely little chicks  :happy:
If you search for an old post of mine "Betsy and chick update" you will see pictures of my Welsummer chick. You can see the 'V' shape marking on her head etc. The chick did turn out to be a girl  :)
1 Hubby, 2 children, 2 Welsummers, 1 Leghorn Banty, 1 Wyandotte Banty, 1 Barnevelder, 2 Isa Brown, 1 Rhode Island, 1 Goldline,1 Maran, 2 Mottled Leghorns, 1 Leghorn cockerel & 2 Jack Russells

carolbriar

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2012, 19:30 »
Hi Pauline
Your previous update didn't come up when I did a search.  Do you think they are both well summers?  I wondered if one was a rhode island red??  It would be lovely if they were both girls and I would be very happy if they were both well summers.

PaulineM

« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2012, 20:28 »
Hi

If you go to 'the hen house' and search for 'Betsy and chick update' my photo's will come up  :)

I only hatched one chick and was lucky enough to get a girl, it might have taken her to 51 weeks to start laying though  :lol:

ANHBUC

• "You looking at me?!!!"
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2012, 15:53 »
They look like my welsummer bantam chicks did.  From the photo it looks like one girl and one boy.  I ended up with 4 girls and 2 boys which is a good ratio.

http://chat.allotment-garden.org/index.php?topic=92319.0
Ain't Nobody Here But Us Chickens!
Bagpuss RIP 1992 - June 2012, 1 huge grass carp (RIP "Jaws" July 2001 - December 2011), 4 golden orfe, 1 goldfish and 1 fantail fish (also huge)! plus 4 Italian quail, 1 Japanese quail, 1 Rosetta quail.

carolbriar

« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2012, 20:51 »
I sent the picture to the breeder and yes, he confirmed that they were welsummers and also, one hen and one rooster.  Sadly the rooster died yesterday.  I don't think I could go through hatching eggs again, it is just so stressful and so sad.  I will get pol hens next time. 

ANHBUC

• "You looking at me?!!!"
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2012, 23:33 »
 :(  So sorry Carol it can't be nice when it goes wrong.  I must have been really lucky with both of my first hatches, 6 out of 6 and 5 out of 6.  It does make rounding up the hens and chicks on a night quite eventful but I am already looking forward to one of my hens going broody again.   ::) :lol:

xx
pictures of my new baby chicks hatched sunday

Started by nic n dave on Chicken Chat

1 Replies
Last post September 09, 2011, 13:57
by kegs
xx
pictures

Started by retribution on Chicken Chat

4 Replies
Last post January 08, 2011, 14:10
by Mulberry1990
xx
Have a look at my new babies - pictures

Started by Chickway on Chicken Chat

4 Replies
Last post April 02, 2011, 00:09
by Pol
xx
100% hatched (now with Pictures)

Started by Nails on Chicken Chat

9 Replies
Last post May 27, 2010, 19:04
by Kate and her Ducks

Page created in 0.148 seconds with 40 queries.