Are you Crafty ??

• 1181 Replies

chrissie B

Re: Are you Crafty ??
« Reply #1125 on: August 07, 2018, 22:43 »
Sounds nice , ive had a look around there are some stunners , last wedding we went to i attached my flower to my bag .
chrissie b
Woman cannot live by bread alone , she must have cake , biscuits cheese and the occasional glass of wine .🍷

pattypantastic

« Reply #1126 on: September 09, 2018, 17:11 »
I’m so glad there is a craft thread on here, such lovely things folk have made! I love to make things, at the moment I am making my own soap. It is very rustic looking no-nonsense soap that lathers up nicely and does what it’s supposed to do.
This batch smells of lavender and rosewood and the dark bits are dried rosemary.
D84EEA70-C47D-45B1-807B-3B59313A6581.jpeg

mrs bouquet

« Reply #1127 on: September 09, 2018, 18:47 »
Well done - puts a whole new meaning to the saying "wash your Mouth out"   :lol:  Mrs Bouquet
Birds in cages do not sing  -  They are crying.

snowdrops

« Reply #1128 on: September 09, 2018, 20:40 »
That soap sounds lovely
A woman's place is in her garden.

See my diary pages here
and add a comment here

mrs bouquet

« Reply #1129 on: September 18, 2018, 12:22 »
Last week, at craft club, started to make Christmas Wreathes.  Oak, holly and poinsettia leaves cut out of felt.
I have been sewing the veins up each leaf.  Just started on the poinsettia, and after doing four, thought too
laborious, so today, I have painted the lines, with a red twinkly glue pen  :D  Mrs Bouquet

chrissie B

« Reply #1130 on: September 19, 2018, 09:03 »
the wreaths sound good best to get ahead it comes round all too quick  im thinking of doing something recycled for mine we will see i change my mind so many times.
chrissie b

mrs bouquet

« Reply #1131 on: September 19, 2018, 16:45 »
I knew I had spelt wreaths wrong !  Mrs B

chrissie B

« Reply #1132 on: October 12, 2018, 21:35 »
hi all just back from holls to find my new chart called geisha in gold the charts enormous bit bigger than i was expecting.
chrissie b

mrs bouquet

« Reply #1133 on: October 22, 2018, 23:00 »
Can you do anything about that, can it be reduced or something ?   Mrs Bouquet

chrissie B

« Reply #1134 on: November 17, 2018, 09:18 »
The pattern is on 6 a4 sheets of paper which is good in a way , you dont have to use the whole thing at once .
its a lovley geisha looking forward to starting it but have one to finish this one and and do some of the butterfly window which has been going on for ages  , i did manage to finissh my holiday sewing , a big nosed dog and a black work lady with flowers , im interested in sashiko which is a japanease  embroidery .
chrissie b

mrs bouquet

« Reply #1135 on: January 30, 2019, 11:02 »
WI Craft Club starts again this afternoon, after our Christmas Break.   Don't know what it will be until I get there.    Are you making or doing any craft at the moment ?   Mrs Bouquet

snowdrops

« Reply #1136 on: January 30, 2019, 20:08 »
Yes Mrs B, I’ve just made 3 felt baubles in preparation for sewing club in March that I’m doing the dem for. I want to take them to Saturday’s meeting to ‘show & tell ‘. On Saturday we are making a wreath(we’ve made it before but some wanted to do it again). I wanted to make it in Easter fabrics but haven’t found any as yet eek. So I think I’ll make it in Christmas fabric again & give it as a gift.

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1137 on: January 30, 2019, 20:30 »
I don't know whether you'd class it as crafty, but I'm refurbishing an old (1950s) Ercol wooden framed armchair. My winter project for when I can't garden  :D
I've taken all the old covers, webbing and horsehair wadding off of it. Stripped the frame back to bare wood, it was black varnish, spent hours sanding, so that now it is a light oak colour. I'd hoped to get the wood back to light beech, like modern Ercol, but it was made with darker wood, so that wasn't possible. I've been building it back up, I've redone the webbing, wadding and wrapping to modern fire-safe standards. Now just the new cushions to be covered. Fabric below...
I'll post a pic when it is finished ;)
s-l225.jpg
« Last Edit: January 30, 2019, 20:34 by mumofstig »

snowdrops

« Reply #1138 on: January 30, 2019, 20:57 »
Mum, I bet that’ll be lovely when finished

mrs bouquet

« Reply #1139 on: February 01, 2019, 12:02 »
Mum, is there anything you can't do  :D :D :D :D   Ercol is beautiful furniture, we had it when we first married in dark wood.  How I wished I had kept it.
I like the fabric, it has (to my eye) got a retro look, and I look forward to seeing the finished chair.  It'll be worth a small fortune.    Good Luck,  Mrs Bouquet

Page created in 0.124 seconds with 50 queries.