What's for tea? 2017

• 994 Replies

madcat

Re: What's for tea? 2017
« Reply #540 on: June 29, 2017, 22:40 »
Down to the lottie after a few days away and OMG!!!!  Rows of lovely chinese leaves, and the first one already starting to go to seed.  Ditto pak choi, and lettuces.  Great box of mange touts (at least they freeze), a few courgettes, huge bunch of sweet peas and the fruit desperately needs picking, as does the parsley for the freezer ..... tomorrow's job!  (let's not mention the weeds ....)

So this evening was stir fried mixed veg, braised chinese leaves in soy, and a hot sweet and sour pork concoction with some chopped cooked pork from the freezer.  Oh and rice of course.
All we need to make us really happy is something to be enthusiastic about (Charles Kingsley)

lettice

« Reply #541 on: June 30, 2017, 16:14 »
Fish night, some fillets of whiting.
Picked a buckets of peas and a half bucket of mangetout. Will mix and match.
Emptied a bag with 12lb of Charlotte, so some nicely steamed with a fresh picked mint.
Picked a colander full of gooseberries, a bowl of strawberries and our first raspberries, so shared fruit to pick at.

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #542 on: June 30, 2017, 17:35 »
Salmon with sweet chilli sauce, fresh picked sugarsnaps and PJ potatoes and I've made an apple and loganberry pie.

Lardman

« Reply #543 on: June 30, 2017, 18:17 »
Send us some pie will ya MoS?  :tongue2:

I have a couple of supermarket cheese topped baps needing to be used up, probably with a tin of soup. I'm super excited about my dinner tonight  ::)

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #544 on: June 30, 2017, 19:44 »
It's on its way - hope it lands the right way up  :D

New shoot

• Global Moderator
« Reply #545 on: July 01, 2017, 08:31 »
I was late back yesterday, so had cheese salad sandwiches.  There was the dog end of some bought coleslaw in a tub lurking in the fridge, so stirred a bit of wasabi paste in.  That livened things up no end.  The wasabi/mayo combo is one I have recently discovered and am getting a bit hooked on  :lol:

Tonight is chicken thighs with spicy tomato and chickpea sauce.  The sauce is already made, so just need to raid the plot for some greens and decide whether we are having rice, noodles or new potatoes with it  :)

lettice

« Reply #546 on: July 01, 2017, 09:00 »
Just made the days food, as its a day of harvesting and weeding in the veg plot.

For lunch, a mince casserole with some charlotte potatoes and spinach that I picked at 5am.
For tea its a lasagne with added spinach and a just made cottage loaf to break and dip in a garlic butter.

madcat

« Reply #547 on: July 01, 2017, 09:51 »
Last night was quick before going out and so pasta sauce and meatballs were retrieved from the freezer.

Tonight's dinner will also come from the freezer (gotta make space for redcurrents!) so little pots of veg korma, bengali potatoes and beetroot curry are out to defrost, to go with rice.  Last time I did this the microwave bust, so it is lo-tech heating up in pans time!   :ohmy:

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #548 on: July 01, 2017, 09:57 »
I've got drumsticks defrosting waiting for their barbecue sauce. Wedges and salad to go with them.

That should hit the spot whether it stays cool or warms up as the forecast predicts  :D

snowdrops

« Reply #549 on: July 01, 2017, 10:01 »
Chicken thighs here but with what I don't know🤔 No inspiration & im out all afternoon, so maybe hubby will take over. Maybe a mini roast dinner
A woman's place is in her garden.

See my diary pages here
and add a comment here

Lardman

« Reply #550 on: July 01, 2017, 10:13 »
Tried a different butcher's this morning. Not impressed, everything was pre-packed in meat trays and shockingly expensive. Bought some diced lamb the plan is to mince it and make some kebab meat for pita but it may end up in the slow cooker as a casserole.

madcat

« Reply #551 on: July 01, 2017, 12:38 »
Tried a different butcher's this morning. Not impressed, everything was pre-packed in meat trays and shockingly expensive. Bought some diced lamb the plan is to mince it and make some kebab meat for pita but it may end up in the slow cooker as a casserole.

So many 'butchers' are just purveyors of prepacks.   >:( Annoying, and the more cutsie, the less they know.  Keep on lookin' ...

Anyway how about a Naverin of Lamb for a change?  The exact veggies depend on what you have ... https://www.riverford.co.uk/recipes/view/recipe/navarin-of-lamb-and-spring-vegetables gives the idea.

lettice

« Reply #552 on: July 02, 2017, 11:38 »
Roast chicken.
Blue skies and mid 20c temps, we are having it on the patio.

All homegrown veg; our stored roosters and parsnips, charlotte, turnips, broad and french cobra beans, peas, asparagus and the first picking this year of our patio tub carrots.
Sage, rosemary and chive stuffing.
Swapped some broad beans for a cauliflower.

Gooseberry crumble for afters with custard.

New shoot

• Global Moderator
« Reply #553 on: July 02, 2017, 18:27 »
I'm going to do a coconut milk based curry with new potatoes from the plot and corn from the freezer.   Rice on the side and a salad/relish of cucumber, onion and mint  :)

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #554 on: July 02, 2017, 18:30 »
My first courgette and some broccoli, cooked with thyme and lemon, over casarecce pasta topped with some salty pecorino sardo cheese.

xx
What's the weather like where you are? (2017)

Started by Paul Plots on Chatting on the Plot

540 Replies
Last post December 29, 2017, 12:44
by JayG
xx
Birdwatch 2017

Started by mumofstig on Chatting on the Plot

38 Replies
Last post December 21, 2017, 18:03
by rowlandwells
xx
Fishing Season 2017

Started by Aled on Chatting on the Plot

130 Replies
Last post December 31, 2017, 22:03
by Offwego
xx
Ashes 2017 - 2018

Started by Tenhens on Chatting on the Plot

3 Replies
Last post December 14, 2017, 20:29
by Tenhens

Page created in 0.106 seconds with 30 queries.