Share Lunch

• 8 Replies

Eblana

Share Lunch
« on: February 21, 2016, 19:25 »
I am doing a course with about 30 others and we do share lunches where everyone brings something for everyone to share.  The course is once a month so I assume that you don't just bring the same thing each month? Today was the first day and everyone brought their own, so I had a quick look around and a lot seemed to have nice mixed salads, couscous based dishes, humus and pittas etc (apart from myself and the lady next to me there were no ham sandwiches to be seen!).  I have never cooked for these sorts of numbers and have no idea what sort of stuff to bring.  Could any of you guide me on ideas and recipes that I could use. 

grinling

Re: Share Lunch
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2016, 22:24 »
What would be easier if a certain amount did a certain course, including drink if required.

Something easy to transport.

I would do a selection within the course, ie a choice of 2 puddings, or tomato salad and a coleslaw

Eblana

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2016, 09:26 »
Sorry should have said it is the savoury course, cake and drinks are provided.  A friend reckons that if all thirty of us are bringing something that I don't need to do a very large amount as everyone will just take small bits of the dishes they fancy.  She suggested a couple of Freitas or quiches cut into small slices.

snowdrops

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2016, 09:55 »
Yes I agree you don't need to cater for all 30 otherwise you are going to have way too much,if everyone caters for 6-8, some do salads,quiches,sandwiches etc. Might be worth making a list & passing it round. I bet everyone's thinking the same
A woman's place is in her garden.

See my diary pages here
and add a comment here

jaydig

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2016, 11:40 »
We used to do this occasionally when I was on a college course.  We used to decide on a 'theme' and then agreed who would bring what, such as salads, quiches, rolls, etc., depending on what the theme was. Those who could not cook would usually bring something ready made.  We had to use plastic cutlery as metal knives were not allowed in the college, so quiches and anything that needed slicing had to be portioned at home.  It was a lot of fun, and a great deal of recipe swapping went on.

wapello

• Experienced Member
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2016, 15:20 »
May i ask how long is your dinner time,,?
Colin

Snoop

« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2016, 10:00 »
And do you have access to a fridge? Watch out for anything like a quiche or Spanish omelette that might need to be kept chilled. The biggest source of food poisoning in Spain is tortillas taken on picnics.

Eblana

« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2016, 14:56 »
Yeh we have access to fridges, cutlery etc.  My daughter has just give me a lovely broccoli and goats cheese salad recipe and I have also gotten a recipe for a Beetroot and goats cheese tart (I have loads of beetroot frozen from last year) so I might give these a go.

Snoop

« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2016, 16:05 »
Sounds like you answered your own question. They sound delicious.

xx
Lunch

Started by compostqueen on Cooking, Storing and Preserving

4 Replies
Last post October 06, 2008, 16:35
by amandaandherveg
xx
Did lunch go well?

Started by Poolfield2 on Cooking, Storing and Preserving

14 Replies
Last post December 29, 2009, 16:48
by wighty
xx
Lunch for one

Started by tosca100 on Cooking, Storing and Preserving

6 Replies
Last post June 24, 2014, 06:35
by Growster...
xx
What are you having for lunch... Sunday??

Started by Alex 98 on Cooking, Storing and Preserving

3 Replies
Last post May 27, 2008, 17:50
by Novice

Page created in 0.142 seconds with 35 queries.