leeks

• 17 Replies

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
Re: leeks
« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2022, 21:10 »
I always plant my leeks once the peas are finished. This year it coincided with the start of the hot weather, so it's easier to water them at home, in the garden, in their deep washing-up bowl. They've been getting a liquid feed now and again, so don't think they're coming to any harm.
They may just end up a bit late - but you know what they say?
Better late than never  :lol: :lol:

Growster...

« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2022, 06:29 »
I’ve just managed to buy 3 trays of leeks off the man on our market yesterday as mine are still like strands of cotton  >:( but as it set to reach 30c in the week I think I’ll give them a good feed & aim to plant out next week. As I do no dig I’m intending on parting the mulch & watering the rows well the night before or two, then I’ll make the holes with my dibbler or maybe my bulb planter as they’re in modules, popping in some chicken pellets, watering in & pulling the mulch back around them, then I’ll be covering with enviromesh as we have the leek moth thingy on our plots, so that’ll be next week taken care of :lol: :lol:

Snows, as your leeks are a bit thin, it's been known to plant them in small groups of four or five, they still grow and while the yield is a bit lower than having big fat individual veg, the combined 'bunch' makes up for that!

Just a thought, anyway!

Weessy

« Reply #17 on: August 20, 2022, 21:07 »
I always follow my potatoes with leeks, not too late at all. Always get good leeks

clip
Leeks

Started by Benny130 on Grow Your Own

22 Replies
Last post October 23, 2020, 07:50
by Blewit
xx
leeks

Started by bowler on Grow Your Own

6 Replies
Last post September 28, 2010, 21:42
by binner
xx
Leeks.

Started by mrsparsnip on Grow Your Own

4 Replies
Last post August 18, 2006, 21:33
by rugbymad40
xx
Leeks looking sorry for themselves

Started by mollyblob on Grow Your Own

6 Replies
Last post May 04, 2010, 22:08
by Elcie

Page created in 0.324 seconds with 43 queries.