Cultivator hoe

• 16 Replies

Buzzy bee

Re: Cultivator hoe
« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2009, 19:47 »
Hi

Just made a rake today, the right size, cost nothing what so ever bar 5 mins time, less than going to the shop, and can garentee it will last longer than a cheap one or a dear one for that matter!  he he

Next thing that needs making are some hoops for my netting, easy, just round or flat throgh the rolls, then cut into indervidual circles and again into halves!

Cheers

Dave

siandc

Re: Cultivator hoe
« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2009, 09:03 »
Quote from: siandc
True, but if you make it yourself there's nothing to loose, it's not like being robbed by a shop!!!

It's worse than that, you're robbing yourself. All that time spent making something that will last as long as a cheap import  :lol:
Tempering is not really anything to be scared of, there is lots of information on the net about it.
First page on google... Temper steel.. Heat till orange hot then quench, Hard brittle steel as a result then heat more gently to temper the point, until the blue heat ring travels up the metal, place it on a metal surface and allow to cool slowly.
To be honest I enjoy working with metal, it makes a welcome change to my work as an electrician, restoring my old cars etc and for the price of a 6" wide miller I'm more than happy to try my luck with a 1' wide one!  :)
If the worst comes to the worst at least I'll have some nice throwing stars for the rabbits!  :tongue2:  :lol:

xx
Cultivator

Started by mdjlucan on Equipment Shed

4 Replies
Last post March 29, 2020, 12:03
by jambop
xx
Cultivator

Started by yanfoex on Equipment Shed

1 Replies
Last post September 29, 2006, 18:49
by Gwiz
xx
Cultivator

Started by mdjlucan on Equipment Shed

9 Replies
Last post May 13, 2020, 22:18
by jezza
xx
JCB Cultivator - help please

Started by silky on Equipment Shed

5 Replies
Last post September 08, 2010, 18:26
by silky

Page created in 0.146 seconds with 38 queries.