my new babies

• 4 Replies

mumof4

my new babies
« on: June 25, 2008, 17:48 »
Finally got what I wanted.
 :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D

Amber star, Black rock and goldline and they are so lush. Based on advice you've given me on my other thread i've also reserved a cuckoo maran which will be ready in 4 weeks although tempted to hatch my own but not sure if i'm brave enough

Now here's the questions

They are still in the cat carry box all happily asleep. The blackrock only arrived at the farm Tuesday so doesn't know the other two. Can i put them straight into the run with my pekin as it's late in the day or do i have to wait until bedtime.

What do i do if they start pecking each other do get some of that purple spray.

I'll post pictures in the morning when my camera is charged -

Porffor

my new babies
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2008, 18:51 »
Congratulations!! :) i've no advice but look forward to the pics ;)

Foxy

my new babies
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2008, 19:02 »
Congratulations!!!!
 :lol:  :lol:

I would wait until dark before putting them all together. I wouldn't use the purple spray unless you already have a pecking problem where there is blood drawn. Keep a close eye on them tommorrow -a few spats is entirely normal as they work out the pecking order. It might help tommorrow by popping an extra feeder and drinker down.
If there is a problem you can separate during the day into a run where they can see each other but not fight. :lol:

kattcottrell

• Experienced Member
    • www.funkychickengifts.com
my new babies
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2008, 23:36 »
yey you got them, cant wait to see some pics :)  did you get them from Annie in the end and whats her poultry supply shop like?
Katt

mumof4

my new babies
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2008, 09:52 »
Quote from: "kattcottrell"
yey you got them, cant wait to see some pics :)  did you get them from Annie in the end and whats her poultry supply shop like?

Katt thanks so much for pointing me in Annies direction,  what a great setup she has. I could have spent all day there. I took my two year old DD with me and she just loved being in with all the chickens.

The shop is a converted stable room. I loved it because i could buy £2.50 worth of growers rather than be stuck with a huge bag that won't get eaten. She's getten some green feeders and drinkers that you can hang think they are between £5 - 8 which better than i could find on ebay. She's also got homemade jam and stuff.

All the chickens seem to be getting on. I covered the run with blankets to make it darker (annies suggestion) in a hope it keeps them calm and so far it seems to have worked. Not sure when i'm meant to let them out. My blackrock is rather nervous but Annie only picked her up Tuesday so i guess she a little overwhelmed with the change.

xx
My babies :)

Started by agapanthus on The Hen House

6 Replies
Last post September 11, 2007, 17:45
by agapanthus
xx
my babies

Started by nettynoodles1 on The Hen House

7 Replies
Last post June 23, 2008, 23:02
by Poolfield2
xx
My Babies

Started by Purple Helmet on The Hen House

24 Replies
Last post May 27, 2008, 18:21
by Jellyhead
xx
6 new babies

Started by chelle on The Hen House

8 Replies
Last post July 03, 2007, 04:55
by chicksforkicks

Page created in 0.248 seconds with 38 queries.