Mr Bates v the post office

• 47 Replies

hamstergbert

Re: Mr Bates v the post office
« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2024, 16:43 »
On the news this morning, the Met are investigating frauds committed in this case. Nothing will ever recompense these innocent people, but let's hope that those who they find guilty hang their heads in public shame and are stripped not only of their office etc, but also their pension big time!

Absolutely no chance.  Sorry but I feel that any expectation that they might displays an incredible naivete.
Steal a tenner, get arrested.  Steal people's livelihoods, reputations, homes,  life savings, lives even and you have got to be in with a good chance of a knighthood.
I'll expect to see the post office mob in the dock shortly after we see Blair, Mandelson, Fred Goodwin, Lord Lucan riding there on unicorn-back!
The Dales - probably fingerprint marks where God's hand touched the world

rowlandwells

« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2024, 16:59 »
couldn't have put it better myself Goosy hopefully they will get what's coming to them but of cause it wont bring back those who took there own lives but it mite have some comfort to those who are left to see those who caused all this brought to account and  suffer the consequences what ever is the outcome of all this disgraceful state of affairs

wighty

« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2024, 18:49 »
Why has a  'dramatisation'  of this caused us all to rise  up and act on their behalf.  I sort of knew about it before but 'dusted it under the carpet' but after watching it, I'm standing up and fighting for them. 

Aunt Sally

• Administrator
  • Everyone's Aunty

jaydig

« Reply #19 on: January 06, 2024, 21:18 »
Just signed the petition Snowy.  Can't believe that people have been allowed to get away with this criminal behaviour.

Goosegirl

« Reply #20 on: January 07, 2024, 08:58 »
I've just signed it too.
I work very hard so don't expect me to think as well.

snowdrops

« Reply #21 on: January 07, 2024, 11:20 »
Why has a  'dramatisation'  of this caused us all to rise  up and act on their behalf.  I sort of knew about it before but 'dusted it under the carpet' but after watching it, I'm standing up and fighting for them.

Because as a nation we don’t respond, we stand in queue’s remember  :wacko: It goes unnoticed. I’d heard it now &then on the news and then of course the post office is akin to government so it’s not picked up, also from the dramatisation each individual thought it was just them as that’s what they were told. And who knew the post office had the powers to take you to court.
They didn’t take my brother to court when he stole £8000 from my late mums pension account by signing in a post office, no doubt under cctv , that he had the authority to empty her account and then break into her home to retrieve a form that we think the post office sent to that address. They sent a copy of the form with his signature on to the solicitor. This was even after the solicitor who was dealing with mum’s estate had already contacted the post office to close the account. The post office did not prosecute him but did pay the £8000 back to the estate, so in effect mum had that pension twice. I involved the police and was told eventually that they couldn’t charge him as it was the post office that needed to bring the charge against him not me. Also that usually the post office don’t bother if it’s over £100 up to £100,00. Go figure that as they say  :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
A woman's place is in her garden.

See my diary pages here
and add a comment here

Goosegirl

« Reply #22 on: January 09, 2024, 09:33 »
It's still headline news today - YO! It's like David and Goliath and rightly so.

wighty

« Reply #23 on: January 09, 2024, 16:22 »
I see Paula Venells has voluntered to give back her CBE.  The Loose Women audience stood up and applauded the newsflash.

Aunt Sally

• Administrator
  • Everyone's Aunty
« Reply #24 on: January 09, 2024, 23:09 »
I applauded too.  In the kitchen while making a cup of tea… just had to !

Plot 1 Problems

• Global Moderator
« Reply #25 on: January 10, 2024, 00:55 »
All well and good but scapegoating her for the huge catalogue of errors, lies and cover-up between the PO and Fujitsu papers over a decade of scandal, solves nothing and doesn't actually take to task the individuals who were actually responsible for who made the wrong decisions, covered up those wrong decisions and perpetuated the wrong decisions. Throwing one individual under the bus isn't any form of justice and should never be considered a victory.

Goosegirl

« Reply #26 on: January 10, 2024, 09:52 »
Just watched Breakfast TV and they had on some of the people who were wrongly accused and/ or convicted and I shed some tears. By Jove, their stories were absolutely heart-breaking. Methinks some people including PMs are going to have to grow some sphericals as this ain't going away anytime soon and rightly so. Someone must have gathered that the PC system was faulty, and to tell the individuals that they were the only ones defies belief.

Goosegirl

« Reply #27 on: January 11, 2024, 10:19 »
Mods, just need to add to this. On yesterday's Breakfast TV, one of the sub-postmasters on TV had a cross erected right next to the post office with an R.I.P. label attached with his picture beneath. His son had to represent his father on TV because he was completely destroyed by it all.

rowlandwells

« Reply #28 on: January 11, 2024, 15:37 »
that's interesting to know Goosy because  I never seen that but things are definitely going  very fast on this injustice by the post office to all those accused of steeling from the post office and that's a start by taking the CBE away from Paula Venells but there are far more involved that should all be brought to account sooner rather later to face the music  after witch those who have been proven to have mislead the courts by blaming the postmasters of steeling  from the post office without any foundation even sending those wrongly accuse to jail

so any of those found guilty of misleading  both the public and the judicial system should be accountable for there actions and  dealt with accordingly who ever it may be in my opinion  heads should roll its going to be very interesting who will be brought to account for this disgraceful state of affairs

also I would add I'm not one for praising ITV but I think in this instance they do deserve much praise including the one who put this into a series and shamed the post office and there management

Goosegirl

« Reply #29 on: January 12, 2024, 09:11 »
On breakfast TV this morning they reported on yesterday's court session when an investigator (or more than one?) were testifying. Now there's a possibility that the Post Office may have to face criminal proceedings as they didn't disclose thousands of documents last year which they only found the day before the court session, and explains why there has been such a delay in the investigation. Today it's the Post Office's turn in court so I will let you know what came of it tomorrow.

xx
Post office message scam

Started by mumofstig on Chatting on the Plot

13 Replies
Last post April 17, 2022, 21:09
by Yorkie
clip
Can't argue with the Post Office this time.

Started by Lardman on Chatting on the Plot

2 Replies
Last post September 09, 2022, 11:34
by DanielCoffey
xx
The Office

Started by mrs bouquet on Chatting on the Plot

8 Replies
Last post March 24, 2019, 12:13
by mrs bouquet
xx
Post early for Christmas

Started by AlaninCarlisle on Chatting on the Plot

14 Replies
Last post December 15, 2022, 23:10
by Yorkie

Page created in 0.136 seconds with 47 queries.