landmaster 88 spark trouble

• 2 Replies

peter potter

• 70 years old and still trying to grow decent veg!
landmaster 88 spark trouble
« on: August 09, 2013, 09:55 »
Hi everyone, I'm a new member and greatly impressed by the help others have given to sort out problems,  I would like to reciprocate one day, meanwhile I'm hoping to achieve a positive result with an old Landmaster 88 machine I may get.  I would like to hear from Simon H who had a lot of trouble in 2007 and sorted it with help, but am useless at these forums and cannot track his (your?) address yet.  I may get a machine soon but it will not spark and obviously may need spares, so I am interested to learn if they are readily available and whether Simon still has a machine going, if so I'd be very grateful.
Please let me know if I can contact you Simon!

jezza

Re: landmaster 88 spark trouble
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2013, 23:49 »
hi itf its an old briggs engine it could need points cleaning and re setting if newer engine timing could be out points should just be opening slightly before top dead centre and closing at bottom deadcentre with a good spark newer engines need the air gap between flywheel aqnd coil to be at 4thousands of an inch or as thick as an hair undo the two bolts  holding the coil slide coil up or down making sure that magnets are at bottom (they take some parting)then set gap and tighten bolts spark should be good and strong  jezza

SimonH

Re: landmaster 88 spark trouble
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2013, 20:27 »
Sorry for the delay in replying to your query, but we have been away for two weeks.

My Landmaster is still going strong and has given me sterling service over thirty years!   The trouble IO had before was the spark and I had to fit new contacts.  I had a lot of help from Graham (I think) who sent me the new contacts.    It was not easy to fit as I had to get the flywheel off.   Mine will probably be available later in the year if you are interested

Regds

Simon
simon.hole1@ntlworld.com

xx
B & S landmaster rotavator spark plug?

Started by johnb34 on Equipment Shed

4 Replies
Last post April 24, 2011, 14:58
by Kleftiwallah
xx
The Spark has gone......

Started by dalemellor on Equipment Shed

9 Replies
Last post April 16, 2013, 09:09
by madcat
xx
Spark?

Started by lincspoacher on Equipment Shed

12 Replies
Last post September 17, 2008, 20:59
by lincspoacher
xx
Poor spark how do I get this off ?

Started by richyrich7 on Equipment Shed

13 Replies
Last post June 17, 2007, 22:24
by shaun

Page created in 0.15 seconds with 38 queries.