laugh or cry .... you decide.

• 45 Replies

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
Re: laugh or cry .... you decide.
« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2018, 21:31 »
Why didn't the service improve when she left then, if it was all her fault? Has the service improved since you complained?... Go get'em Lardman  >:(

New shoot

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2018, 10:00 »
I quite agree.  Apart from the fact that they are wasting their budget (a.k.a. our money) on a company who are not delivering the service paid for, what about the poor people who are relying on them  :mad:

Not everyone has a Lardman who is there to fight their corner, wade in with hours of help or pay for more out of their own pocket.  I dread to think how they would cope with such ineptitude.

Never mind finding someone to blame, who has left and then can't be blamed and sending you 12 pages of reasons it's not their fault - what are they going to do in the here and now to fix it and make it right. Complaints are there to be dealt with, resolved and learned from, or you may as well save some wages and get a computer to automatically issue excuse letters  ::)

I would be trying the ice cold polite but firm 'who, what, where, why when' approach.  I'm sure you already are Larders, but just cheering you on from the sidelines  :)

mrs bouquet

« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2018, 11:20 »
Oh Lardman, poor you, it must feel like banging your head on a brick wall.  The frustration must be overwhelming.   As somebody has already said, many people would just have given up by now.   Keep on truckin'.   (USA slogan from the Vietnam War)  regards  Mrs Bouquet
Birds in cages do not sing  -  They are crying.

Goosegirl

« Reply #18 on: September 30, 2018, 13:37 »
Just because this so-called leader has left doesn't mean anything. They still have a legal obligation to do their duty no matter how much they try to avoid it. Pfffft! Could a solicitor help as I think you can have a free first consultation? Basically they're breaking their contract with your mum and I think they know it. You're paying for something you're not getting in full.
I work very hard so don't expect me to think as well.

Lardman

« Reply #19 on: September 30, 2018, 17:07 »
Not everyone has a Lardman who is there to fight their corner, wade in with hours of help or pay for more out of their own pocket.  I dread to think how they would cope with such ineptitude.

This is probably the most worrying thing about it - I haven't posted a lot of what's gone on, you simply wouldn't believe it. The difficulties I have had getting the complaints recorded let alone any action taken, it's ridiculous. There would be no way someone like ML would be able to do it herself and I wonder how many try and are intentionally "lost" in the system.  :mad:

Without the CCTV everything would just have been dismissed with phrases like "there is no evidence of..." , "the service user was confused..."  and "the care log states...." anyone using a homecare service should really have a system fitted for everyone's protection.

Has the service improved since you complained?...

No, although I don't think there's been a major incident since one of the workers drove into the garden wall.  :mad:

Plot 1 Problems

• Global Moderator
« Reply #20 on: September 30, 2018, 18:55 »
None of this suprises me, having worked with most of Worcestershire's local authorities this is par for the course. Full of excuses and a distinct lack of action.

mrs bouquet

« Reply #21 on: October 01, 2018, 10:41 »
I don't think this is unique to Worcester.  I have heard many nightmare stories of a similar nature about our council.   The buck doesn't seem to stop with anybody !   Mrs Bouquet

Goosegirl

« Reply #22 on: October 01, 2018, 15:19 »
In a strange way and with hindsight, wouldn't it have been good if they hadn't seen the CCTV and denied everything in writing, then you could have blasted the b*****s by showing them the tapes whilst having a hidden camera about your person! Hey, that's a thought. Have you got one of these just in case it's needed in the future?

Lardman

« Reply #23 on: October 01, 2018, 17:27 »
.... Worcestershire's local authorities this is par for the course. Full of excuses and a distinct lack of action.

Whilst you're not wrong, ML resides in a different county  ::)

In a strange way and with hindsight, wouldn't it have been good if they hadn't seen the CCTV and denied everything in writing,

I tried that in 2014, neither the council or the LGO wanted to view the footage and just ignored it. I thought I'd remove the temptation to lie this time by making it perfectly clear about the CCTV from the start.

... whilst having a hidden camera about your person! Hey, that's a thought. Have you got one of these just in case it's needed in the future?

I don't take unrecorded meetings (video and audio) - it's too easy for them to shut everything down with their zero tolerance policy nonsense. I've already had one social worker claim my very presence in the room made her uncomfortable and she felt threatened, I hadn't said a word at that point either  :ohmy: The 'rules' for people like me are very different GG.

Plot 1 Problems

• Global Moderator
« Reply #24 on: October 02, 2018, 08:02 »
.... Worcestershire's local authorities this is par for the course. Full of excuses and a distinct lack of action.

Whilst you're not wrong, ML resides in a different county  ::)

I think it's universal with local authorities ;)

Goosegirl

« Reply #25 on: October 02, 2018, 12:48 »
Ah, so it seems, sorry. Excuses'R'Us have every right to be worried 'cos you're not one to give in to them. Heads are gonna roll! 

Lardman

« Reply #26 on: November 28, 2018, 18:03 »
I'm still pushing the rock up the hill   :nowink:

Fresh in today - from the local council....

[Useless Social Worker] was spoken to regarding her actions, but as stated above she no longer works for the team.

Deja vu  ::)  Here's another good one.

This was a genuine oversight ...

I could play a drinking game with their responses...

Plot 1 Problems

• Global Moderator
« Reply #27 on: November 28, 2018, 18:26 »
It's Generic Excuse Bingo!

New shoot

• Global Moderator
« Reply #28 on: November 28, 2018, 20:42 »
It sounds like they are in repeat mode in the hope you will give up and go away.  Don't know you that well, do they?  :lol:

If they are unable to move forward and resolve matters, perhaps it is time to refer the matter to the LGO.  They can't argue that you haven't tried to go through the proper channels and the fact you are paying so much extra for ML's care due to their inability to actually do anything is plain wrong  >:(

Lardman

« Reply #29 on: November 28, 2018, 21:34 »
It sounds like they are in repeat mode in the hope you will give up and go away.  Don't know you that well, do they?  :lol:

You'd think after nearly 4 months the poor chap in the complaints department would get the message  ::) I'm genuinely beginning to wonder if they actually know how to handle a complaint, let alone a complainant.

One complaint already passed to the LGO, I suspect there will be another based on today's email, the departments KPI's are going to be terrible.

...  you are paying so much extra for ML's care due to their inability to actually do anything is plain wrong  >:(

I resolved some of the problems with the finance department, whilst the situation is still not ideal, they have reduced the cost to just horrific from eye watering.

xx
Deliveries? You're having a laugh!

Started by Goosegirl on Chatting on the Plot

11 Replies
Last post December 31, 2017, 19:23
by Christine
xx
I know there have been PO strikes, but this did make me laugh!

Started by mumofstig on Chatting on the Plot

3 Replies
Last post December 08, 2022, 12:32
by rowlandwells
xx
Read this tale of woe, for a laugh.

Started by mrs bouquet on Chatting on the Plot

9 Replies
Last post March 03, 2024, 08:49
by Goosegirl
xx
The Daily Funny - Give us a Laugh!

Started by davethespread on Chatting on the Plot

4196 Replies
Last post May 05, 2023, 19:10
by Subversive_plot

Page created in 0.138 seconds with 55 queries.