Buying Clothes

• 2 Replies

mrs bouquet

Buying Clothes
« on: October 23, 2019, 12:19 »
I hate it, hate it.   Went to Worthing yesterday, thinking I need a pair of warm formal black trousers.   After trying on ever pair in town, with no success, I came home with a pair of slippers which are too big and a nightie which is too small.      Who needs formal trousers anyway    :lol: :lol:  Mrs Bouquet
Birds in cages do not sing  -  They are crying.

jaydig

Re: Buying Clothes
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2019, 19:03 »
Your shopping trips sound exactly like mine.  I try everything on - nothing fits - I buy something, anything, in sheer desperation, and go home quite convinced that I must be deformed as I'm obviously the only female whose body is such a strange shape that nobody makes garments to fit me.  I then put said panic-bought article in the wardrobe, possibly trying it on once or twice over a few months, realise it looks hideous and off it goes to the nearest charity shop.
I have a new rule.  If I see something I like, I try it on and IF it fits, I buy it, whether I need it at that particular moment or not.  I am now the proud possessor of three tops that actually fit me and look good on. the fact that I have nothing to wear on my nether regions doesn't worry me at the moment. One day................

mrs bouquet

Re: Buying Clothes
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2019, 10:34 »
Your shopping experience did make me laugh.  It sounds just the same as mine.  I went out for new trousers, couldn't get them but was determined to go home with something.    I did that back in the summer, and bought 2 new tshirts,  the label are still on them, and I know I won't wear them, a bargain for the charity shop.     As for being deformed,  you and me both.     :D  Nothing is made to fit me and I think that some things that are made around the "pacific rim"  are hopeless.   The arms are so skinny I cannot get them on, and I AM skinny.    I have a recurring nightmare that I am trying on clothes that do not fit, and then cannot get them off and I get in such a panic.   :ohmy:    Mrs B

xx
Garden clothes

Started by jezza on Chatting on the Plot

18 Replies
Last post September 04, 2021, 10:30
by Goosegirl
xx
This year's clothes - yuk!

Started by Goosegirl on Chatting on the Plot

9 Replies
Last post August 27, 2019, 14:45
by Christine
xx
Never knew I'd ever buy children's clothes.

Started by Goosegirl on Chatting on the Plot

0 Replies
Last post December 12, 2018, 15:06
by Goosegirl
xx
panic buying

Started by rowlandwells on Chatting on the Plot

24 Replies
Last post October 13, 2021, 17:41
by rowlandwells

Page created in 0.147 seconds with 41 queries.