Independent Financial Advisor/Consultant

• 9 Replies

mrs bouquet

Independent Financial Advisor/Consultant
« on: September 24, 2019, 15:11 »
Is there really such a person.   I ask because some years ago I worked for an Insurance Broker.  The Financial Advisor who worked there had previously been with a large Insurance Group.     I was aware that all the business was being pushed to whatever company was paying our Brokers the most commission.  So they were not independent at all and were in fact very biased.    Mrs Bouquet
Birds in cages do not sing  -  They are crying.

Goosegirl

Re: Independent Financial Advisor/Consultant
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2019, 15:28 »
In general I would agree but we have one who isn't affiliated to any company. He is genuinely one of the nicest and honest men you could wish to meet and over the last few years we've been getting around 6% interest per year. Not only do we use him for our finances but we've set up a fund for each of our niece's two children which are also doing well. It's a shame you don't live in this area but I can ask him if he knows anyone in your area if you wish.
I work very hard so don't expect me to think as well.

AlaninCarlisle

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2019, 15:31 »
I agree with Goosegirl. A long-standing chartered accountant friend recommended one to us many years ago and the results have been outstanding

mrs bouquet

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2019, 22:35 »
Many thanks Gg for your reply and Alan,   It would be great if your man could recommend somebody near to me.    You go through life on a learning curve and that's one I haven't forgotten, cheers,   Mrs Bouquet

Growster...

« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2019, 09:08 »
Good Morning,

I am CEO of Growsterbank Inc, and have a large amount of West African dollars to invest in Worthing!

If you give me your bank details, a description of Bouquet Towers and a card with pin, I will be able to transfer these $457,000,0097.00 to your account by next Wednesday, as long as I don't get a puncture in my bike on my way to the airport...

Yrs Sincerely 'X' (his mark).

(Joke over, Mrs B, I hope you can get settled with the right man/lady. The only chap I know in Worthing now is a retired surveyor, and I doubt that he would be much use - although he was a great chap at surveying)!

mrs bouquet

« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2019, 11:31 »
Thanks for that Growster, you do make me laugh.  Perhaps I'll get some surveying done instead.  :lol:  Mrs B

Goosegirl

« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2019, 12:53 »
Unbeknownst to Mr. CEO of Growsterbank Ink, I have currently been busy setting up my own financial advisory company called GooseSavers which is almost up and running. If you in any way interested, please dial 00-1-345-0911 and I will do my best to assist you. 

grinling

« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2019, 17:21 »
these days they need to tell you their % commission.

jezza

« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2019, 19:15 »
Hello if you have a financial advisor visit your house see what car he drives if it's one of the top makes he's making money out of you and not investing very well if on the other hand he turns up in a clapped out Morris minor then he'll work hard to invest your money to get a good deal for him and you  jezza

Growster...

« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2019, 07:22 »
Sound advice, Jezza!

It's like going to get a haircut, where you should ask to be seen by the scruffiest hairdresser in the room!

Why?

Because they all cut each other's hair...

xx
Plumbers and other independent tradesmen

Started by AlaninCarlisle on Chatting on the Plot

16 Replies
Last post June 22, 2022, 08:03
by jaydig

Page created in 0.123 seconds with 49 queries.