Ex Battery Hens - Special Housing Discount

• 35 Replies

John

• Administrator
    • Low Cost Living
« Reply #30 on: January 19, 2008, 22:45 »
I'm awaiting a reply from the BHWT - asked them about putting themselves on the list as I said above.  Since you've copied there image which is on the net, I suppose it's OK but please - (to everyone) never post someone's phone number or email on a public web page. If it wasn't an image it would be picked up by spammers.
Check out our books - ideal presents

John and Val Harrison's Books

Gazza

« Reply #31 on: January 24, 2008, 20:45 »
I have recently posted a subject about re-homing ex batts, and co-incidentally have been dealing with this supplier. Just to say they have been very helpful with good commincations via their web-site. I have placed an order for a 4 hen Ark. With delivery it comes in at just about 200 quid which represents a significant discount on the list price provided you can provide evidence that you need it to re-home hens form the BHWT. They also make a 45 pound donation to the Trust for every order. Will let you know about build quality etc but it looks good from the spec. Am expecting it before end Feb. Regards. Gareth

Ruby Red

« Reply #32 on: February 15, 2008, 22:30 »
This is the place I got mine from. The one I bought is the Kenton with the run exactly like the one in the picture. I would recommend these

people to anyone. I was very fussy about the size and they were so patient.I also ordered some hens and they put me in touch with a

neig :D bouring farmer where I ordered them from. These people were kind enough to go and fetch them for me and delivered them. The houses are

solid and put together on site. The chap (father of the woman I was dealing with )didnt leave until I was really sure what I was doing with my

hens. They were brilliant.
Oh for those halcyon days of England long ago

Wildeone

« Reply #33 on: February 16, 2008, 08:13 »
How did i miss this thread  :!:  :idea:

I'm going to give them a call today.
1 x hubby
2 x daughters
3 x chickens
1 x bunny
6 x african snails  . . . . . and counting.

alanjack999

Re: Ex Battery Hens - Special Housing Discount
« Reply #34 on: April 07, 2009, 20:21 »
Does anyone know where i can get hold of any ex battery hens as would prefer to rehome some rather than buy from a dealer?

The Good Life

Re: Ex Battery Hens - Special Housing Discount
« Reply #35 on: April 28, 2009, 11:55 »
We got our 4 girls from the BHWT in February my hubby mailed them, spoke to someone over the phone think this is standard  to make sure you know what your doing etc and then reserved 4 for the pick-up day. They take donations for the birds think we gave £30.
Our 5th chicken was a road runner as my hubby calls her ::). The coop we got off Ebay it has the house above with run below and we're going to do a run extension for when we're away etc. But they get full run of the garden when we're around :)
“Business is never so healthy as when, like a chicken, it must do a certain amount of scratching for what it gets”

xx
Wanting to get a few hens and need housing advice

Started by Oliveview on The Hen House

11 Replies
Last post December 05, 2006, 09:14
by John
xx
Battery hens

Started by matilda duck on The Hen House

8 Replies
Last post January 06, 2009, 12:27
by Roll Roll
xx
2 ex battery hens

Started by alisonwo on The Hen House

9 Replies
Last post September 11, 2009, 14:07
by andreadon
xx
battery hens

Started by karenn on The Hen House

4 Replies
Last post April 11, 2007, 20:21
by karenn

Page created in 0.296 seconds with 38 queries.