Incredible Bargains!!!!!!!!

• 12 Replies

Plot 6B

• NRAA Website
Incredible Bargains!!!!!!!!
« on: February 12, 2012, 16:59 »
Popped into Poundland today and bought the tubs that are shown in the link below. What it does not state is that they are sold in pairs for a pound..Incredible ;)

http://www.poundland.co.uk/product-range/seasonal-ranges/gardening/
The fruits of success come from hard work!
A.K.A. Nige2plots

arugula

• Winner - prettiest sunflower 2011
  • hic svnt leones
Re: Incredible Bargains!!!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2012, 17:01 »
Right! If I set out now..... Seriously, that will be very useful to many, thanks for the tip Nige. :)
"They say a snow year's a good year" -- Rutherford.

Janeymiddlewife

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2012, 20:54 »
Good job there isn't one near me  :D What made me smile was the loud £1 in red next to each item - the clue's in the name folks  ;)

Auntiemogs

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2012, 22:17 »
Thank you so much Nige. Just happen to be swinging by this week (ahem... ::))... :lol:
I would rather live in a world
where my life is surrounded by mystery
than live in a world so small that my mind could comprehend it...✿~ Harry Emerson Fosdick

grinling

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2012, 22:41 »
Brill, they do a white cowboy hat..... I really need to get out more :nowink:

johnny5

• Experienced Member
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2012, 16:11 »
Thanks Nige,
Amazingly they have about a dozen items that i never thought i needed up until now. :lol: :lol: :lol:
when it comes to age we are all on the same boat.......But some of us  have been on board that that little bit longer

Auntiemogs

« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2012, 18:13 »
Yes, thank you Nige.  :)

emotion-2003

• Experienced Member
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2012, 20:57 »
i went to poundland today and bought afew seeds,compost and fertiliser.they are cheap.
thanks for info again nige  ;)

GrannieAnnie

• Grandmother of the Forums
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2012, 22:27 »
Finally got Brian to take me to Poundland.  But only because he wanted some wallpaper paste to try to make some fire logs out of wood shavings!  He made himself a log maker out of a bit of old downpipe!

Anyway, I asked what he thought of the little solar lights, he said they were rubbish and why did I want them.  So I left them there.  But I did get 2 of the large pot planters for my herbs.  Why did I want that rubbish he asked.  For HERBS  I said.

Anyway, got them home and I showed him how they slot together and he said oh they are good, we could get half a dozen of those and grow some flowers in them!

This is from the man who keeps telling me that if we can't eat it we don't grow it!  :lol: :lol: :lol:

But thanks for the link Nige.  And at least I know I can go get some more now without daggers being thrown at me!!!!   :lol:
large-pot-planter.jpg

Plot 6B

• NRAA Website
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2012, 20:55 »
Finally got Brian to take me to Poundland.  But only because he wanted some wallpaper paste to try to make some fire logs out of wood shavings!  He made himself a log maker out of a bit of old downpipe!

Anyway, I asked what he thought of the little solar lights, he said they were rubbish and why did I want them.  So I left them there.  But I did get 2 of the large pot planters for my herbs.  Why did I want that rubbish he asked.  For HERBS  I said.

Anyway, got them home and I showed him how they slot together and he said oh they are good, we could get half a dozen of those and grow some flowers in them!

This is from the man who keeps telling me that if we can't eat it we don't grow it!  :lol: :lol: :lol:

But thanks for the link Nige.  And at least I know I can go get some more now without daggers being thrown at me!!!!   :lol:

Went back this weekend and bought half a dozen of those for Strawberries ;) 8)

Edited for typing error :ohmy:
« Last Edit: February 19, 2012, 21:01 by Nige2Plots »

yorkiegal

• Experienced Member
« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2012, 20:04 »
I was in there this week and bought fleece covers, mini poly tunnels, string, netting and bamboo canes. Then stopped off in morrisons on the way back and found some more garden bargains there, in particular a plastic  square planter bag 1m by 1m with 9 sections inside which i'm hoping will be great for herbs. Only a fiver. Or a tenner if you want willow round it.

GrannieAnnie

• Grandmother of the Forums
« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2012, 22:31 »

Went back this weekend and bought half a dozen of those for Strawberries ;) 8)

Edited for typing error :ohmy:

If they still have any next time I'm in town, I'm going to get some for my alpine strawberries too!   :D :D

I've sown some herb seeds in the 2 I bought last week, they are in the greenhouse.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2012, 22:32 by GrannieAnnie »

greenasgrass

« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2012, 20:22 »
Called in there last week and bought six of the mini poly tunnels and six of those planters to make a strawberry tower. They also have an offer on where you get a free pack of seeds with every three gardening items you buy so I took full advantage! (was hard work getting through to the cashier about the offer though).

xx
Bargains from B&Q (hopefully)

Started by muddywellies on Frugal Living

10 Replies
Last post January 07, 2008, 14:48
by muddywellies
xx
My B&Q bargains!

Started by Elcie on Frugal Living

8 Replies
Last post August 23, 2009, 13:55
by Susan K
xx
My bargains

Started by Madame Cholet on Frugal Living

2 Replies
Last post June 14, 2015, 22:23
by Madame Cholet
xx
B&M Bargains !!!

Started by francais on Frugal Living

0 Replies
Last post April 05, 2010, 23:05
by francais

Page created in 0.142 seconds with 40 queries.