Has the BBC lost the plot?

• 20 Replies

Tenhens

• freedom lodge for tenhens ex battery 1 year on
Re: Has the BBC lost the plot?
« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2021, 19:32 »
Just to rub salt into the wound apparently the BBC are now arranging grief counseling for their staff.  Not how I want my money spent!!

His death is tragic for his family and I sincerely hope they are allowed to mourn in peace.

I think to describe his passing as tragic is slightly overdoing it , losing a parent at 99 is not tragic , it is sad . I recall Prince Charles saying something similar when the Queen Mother died .

The coverage has been over the top , hopefully the BBC will take note of comments said apparently on the Andrew Marr programme . What can we expect when the Queen meets her maker , new stamps and currency ??

In answer to the original question.
Yes.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2021, 19:34 by Tenhens »
we also rescue rabbits and guinea pigs, grow own veg

Aidy

• Location: Born n bred Lancastrian living in tropical Blackpool
    • Aidy Neal Photography
« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2021, 19:35 »
Heard this...
BBC did what they did as the complaints from viewers will be forgotten about next day where as if they hadnt done that coverage the hassle from the politicians would be longstanding!

makes sense
Punk isn't dead...it's underground where it belongs. If it comes to the surface it's no longer punk...it's Green Day!

al78

« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2021, 21:09 »
It seems to be the thing to over-dramatise the deaths of famous people. I remember in December 2013 when the wind driven storm surge was coming down the East Uk seaboard. At the time there were someone I know living on the east coast which may have been impacted and I was interested to find out what the situation was, but the news was rammed full of Nelson Mandella's death.

jezza

« Reply #18 on: April 12, 2021, 12:54 »
Hello it was supposed to be a 44 gun salute,have the other 3 been used to keep the Paparattzzi at bay at each location    jezza

Tenhens

• freedom lodge for tenhens ex battery 1 year on
« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2021, 21:49 »
The BBC's news pages have just posted the following report.

BBC has received 100,000 complaints from members of the public over its coverage of the Duke of Edinburgh's death, according to the Sun newspaper.

The corporation cleared its schedules to cover the news when Prince Philip died on Friday, at the age of 99.

EastEnders and the MasterChef final were replaced by news programmes, while BBC Four was taken off air completely.

The BBC declined to confirm the number of complaints it received. The details will officially be issued on Thursday.

The figures are due to be included in the broadcaster's fortnightly complaints bulletin.

A figure of 100,000 would make the coverage of Prince Philip's death the most complained-about piece of programming in BBC history.

The report goes on to say

The BBC was not alone in adjusting its schedule to reflect Prince Philip's death, with ITV and Channel 4 both broadcasting extended news coverage.

However, many viewers turned away as the day wore on, with ITV's Friday night audience declining by 60% in comparison to the previous week, according to overnight figures.

al78

« Reply #20 on: April 12, 2021, 22:01 »
There's marking the passing of a famous and influental person who did  a lot of good, and there's ramming it down everyone's throat at every opportunity. It seems that some can't tell the difference.

xx
Think AndyRVTR has lost the plot!!!

Started by Aidy on Chatting on the Plot

3 Replies
Last post February 25, 2021, 09:34
by AndyRVTR
xx
What's lost app.

Started by Goosegirl on Chatting on the Plot

1 Replies
Last post April 04, 2024, 09:13
by Goosegirl
xx
Lost my thread

Started by mrs bouquet on Chatting on the Plot

2 Replies
Last post September 08, 2018, 10:24
by mrs bouquet
xx
Lost Delboy episode...

Started by Growster... on Chatting on the Plot

3 Replies
Last post April 03, 2018, 17:01
by Growster...

Page created in 0.175 seconds with 45 queries.